You have heard of Red Velvet Cake? Well this is the more demure, delicate, and delicious cousin..Pink Velvet cake. Sort of like the In Your Face Red Velvet cake's cousin, the Southern Debutante. Rich...understated....and ready for any occasion.
It is perfect for cupcakes, too!
Oh, this recipe is every bit as moist and tender, the crumb is velvety and soft, just like Red Velvet. The color is, as you can see...pink...and the flavor is amazing.
Would I lie?
I had the idea for Pink Velvet cake and knew what I wanted in it... after I had jotted it down I googled pink velvet cake to see if anyone had created such a thing..and yes..there were several...
My main issue with most of them was that they used less cocoa but basically the same recipe as Red....and to me that was just a more insipid version of Red Velvet.
Good Lawd, protect us all from insipid.
So... I used the Epicurious recipe as a base....but I wanted to insure a dense, velvety crumb..almost like pound cake but not so heavy...and I wanted th color to be pink. Pinker than pink. Of course, I used cream cheese frosting. My kitchen was hot an humid and I had trouble keeping the frosting on the cake but the flavor was amazing. Truly. I usually stick a drinking straw down the center of a layer cake to hold the layers in place. This is especially true of when the cake has three or more layers. Just push the straw through the center, then pull it up about ⅛ of an inch. Cut it off and push it down so the top is just under the surface of the cake. Frost right over it. You can see the dent in the center of the cake where it was.
Oh, and be careful not to overbake. You see that brown line in the center? The third layer got too brown on the crust.
This would be great for a baby shower, or anything that you wanted a beautiful pink cake. Sooo easy..and sooooo good!
Pink Velvet Cake Recipe
This pink velvet cake recipe is so delicate and pretty! Please consider giving it 5 stars below.
Pink Velvet CakePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup half and half
- rose or pink gel food coloring
- cream cheese buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Grease and flour 3 8- inch round baking pans
- Bring ¼ cup cream to a simmer and add chocolate. Remove from heat and stir until melted. Set aside
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar slowly, beating well
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Add extracts and coloring and beat until well blended
- Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the half and half
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture
- Divide between pans and bake for 30 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn out of the pans to finish cooling
- Frost with cream cheese buttercream
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
Here is the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe along with an awesome recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl cupcakes. This cake makes amazing pink cake balls!