Creamy and rich, this boozy Irish cream cheesecake recipe has just a touch of chocolate and a generous pour of Bailey’s Irish Cream! The vanilla wafer crust soaks up the Irish cream flavor and the whole cheesecake is topped with a thick layer of ganache. It’s spectacular!
For this recipe you’ll need: cream cheese (not low fat), sugar, eggs, Bailey’s Irish Cream, vanilla, sour cream, bittersweet chocolate chips, heavy cream, vanilla wafer cookies
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake recipe.
I am a fan of Irish cream. After all, it has all of the main food groups – fat, sugar, and booze. What’s not to like? This recipe takes Irish cream, adds a little chocolate for good measure, stirs in a creamy cheesecake batter that’s SO stupid easy to make, and then swathes the entire thing is a glorious burst of bittersweet chocolate ganache. So good.
Just. So. Good.A lot of people are hesitant to try to make cheesecake. Don't be! Click To Tweet
A lot of people are hesitant to try to make cheesecake. Don’t be! It’s really very easy as long as you don’t substitute ingredients and you do mix it on the lowest speed. You don’t want to mix air into the batter because air bubbles will lighten it. The less air you beat in to the cheesecake batter the more dense and creamy your cheesecake will be. The only other pitfall might be over baking but you can’t do that with this recipe.
I’m telling ya, you can do this!
A lot of y’all have asked if the water bath is absolutely necessary. Yes, it is. It not only keeps the top of this luscious Irish cream cheesecake from cracking but it also keeps the texture super creamy and silky all the way through. PLEASE use the water bath. It only take a minute and it’s totally worth it.
You can make this Irish cream chocolate cheesecake a couple of days ahead of time if you want. It will keep just fine in the refrigerator tightly wrapped as long as you don’t have an onion, or liver, or something crazy in there with it. What I like to do is to fold paper towel over the top of the cheesecake and then wrap it. The paper towel absorbs and extra moisture. Just be sure not to add the glaze until you are ready to serve it.
You’re going to love this!
YOU MIGHT NEED…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This springform pan is exactly what I have – including the color, of course! It’s leak proof and non-stick plus it’s heavy so everything bakes evenly. I love Nordic Ware! It makes this Irish cream cheesecake bake evenly and come out of the pan perfectly every time!
Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake Recipe
Irish Cream CheesecakePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons melted butter, 1/3 cup +1 tablespoon
- 4 4-ounce packages of cream cheese, 36 total, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream, or your favorite Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream, room temp
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix the crumbs with the sugar and butter.
- Press into the bottom and part way up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Cover the pan bottom and sides on the outside with aluminum foil to keep any water out.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with paddle attachment on lowest speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat at low speed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the chocolate, the Irish Cream, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Pour into prepared springform pan and place it in another, larger pan.
- Add boiling water until it comes halfway up the sides of the outside of the cheesecake pan. (this makes the bain marie)
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour. DO NOT open the oven door.
- Remove from the bain marie, remove the aluminum foil, and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving remove the cheesecake from the springform pan by carefully running a knife around the edge and gently opening up the hinge.
- Heat the heavy cream until bubbles form around the edge.
- Add the chocolate and stir gently until it melts and the whole mixture is blended.
- Spoon over the chilled cheesecake and smooth the top.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
If you liked this cheesecake recipe you may also like these Restless Chipotle favorites…
From left to right: Red Velvet Cheesecake, Pecan Pie Cheesecake, Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake
Included in Meal Plan Monday