An easy, delicious potato bread recipe that really works! It is just as light and soft as you remember.
Easy Potato Bread RecipePrint Save Go to Collections
- Scald milk by bringing it just to boiling.
- Pour the hot milk into a large bowl and add the sugar, potato flakes, butter, and salt.
- Let cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast and ginger over ½ c warm water.
- Set the mixture aside for about five minutes.
- Add yeast and 4 cups flour to milk mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed, or until batter is smooth.
- Mix in flour, a little at a time, until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured counter and let rest 15 minutes.
- Knead until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- The dough will feel like playdo and be only slightly sticky.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, grease the top, and let rise in a warm spot for 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Punch down dough and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Turn out on counter and divide in 3 parts.
- Gather into round balls and let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease 3 loaf pans.
- Sprinkle them with cornmeal.
- Shape dough into loaves and place in pans.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- This bread freezes well.