Starbucks CopyCat Petite Vanilla SconesPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar, , or vanilla sugar
- 5 tablespoons organic, , unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Scrapings from a ½? piece of vanilla
- 1 ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 - 4 tablespoons heavy cream, (enough to make a glaze)
- Rub the cold butter into the dry ingredients until flour is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, egg yolk, vanilla scrapings, and vanilla extract until blended.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until dough forms a ball. Dough will be sticky.
- Place the dough onto a silpat lined baking sheet and pat into a disk about 1-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into wedges but do not separate.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar and let stand twenty minutes, so the gluten can relax.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400F or until golden.
- Meanwhile mix the confectioner's sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and cream until it is a thick glaze.
- Spoon over warm scones.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.