Updated for 2023. These recipes use cream of chicken soup, with a couple using cream of mushroom or cream of celery.
Cream soups are the base for hundreds of easy recipes made with pantry staples and everyday ingredients.
Table of Contents
- 🗝️ Key takeaways
- Frito Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Monterey Chicken Casserole
- Taco Spaghetti
- King Ranch Casserole
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Crock pot Salisbury Steak
- Chicken Empanadas
- Shepherd's Pie
- Cowboy Casserole
- Crockpot creamy ranch chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- 30 Minute Meatball Stroganoff
- Squash Casserole
- 💭 Things to know
- 👩🍳 FAQs
- 💬 Comments
🗝️ Key takeaways
- Cream of chicken soup helps create a creamy comfort food without a lot of prep time.
- Consider using condensed cream soups as a base for all kinds of creamy sauces, casseroles, and soups.
- Most casseroles that include a can of cream of chicken soup are made with simple pantry ingredients that are available to almost everyone.
If you have a can of cream of chicken soup you only need a few more simple ingredients to create hundreds of delicious recipes the whole family will love.
The possibilities for easy dinner recipes are endless!
Quick casseroles are the ultimate comfort food as far as I'm concerned. You can put some vegetables, a protein, and some kind of carbs in a casserole dish, stir in a can of creamy soup, pop it in the oven, and 30 minutes later you'll have a delicious meal.
This creamy Frito chicken casserole is an update of a recipe I found in a 1950s Women's League cookbook. Cream cheese makes this extra rich and delicious.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
What do you get when you pair cream of chicken soup, pasta, and cheese? This comforting Chicken bacon ranch casserole!
Monterey Chicken Casserole
Creamy, delicious south of the border flavor! Monterey chicken casserole is a family favorite.
Easy taco spaghetti casserole goes together in just one pot in just 30 minutes! It's one of my favorite recipes for back to school.
King Ranch Casserole
King Ranch casserole with Rotel is perfect for busy weeknights - and you can assemble it ahead of time!
Southern chicken spaghetti with Rotel is a comfort food classic!
Crock pot Salisbury Steak
Old fashioned salisbury steak simmers in a creamy mushroom sauce all day in the slow cooker. This recipe does use cream of mushroom soup but you could use any cream soup. Not a casserole but very delicious.
I love these super easy chicken empanadas for tailgating, game day, and anytime we need a meal on the go. A creamy mixture of cooked chicken breast and cream of chicken soup are baked inside fluffy biscuits. Not a casserole but too good not to include here.
This Shepherd's Pie is the BEST way to use leftover pot roast!
Cowboy casserole is a creamy combination of beef, cheese, and corn in a creamy sauce baked with Tater Tots on top!
Crockpot creamy ranch chicken
Creamy ranch chicken recipe is a dinner all in one dish! Chicken breast, potatoes, and carrots simmer together in a rich sauce.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken cordon bleu casserole is as delicious as the 5-star favorite with just a fraction of the fuss!
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
Gooey, creamy, cheesy crockpot chicken spaghetti is a super-easy way to make this popular Southern recipe.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
This easy crockpot chicken and dumplings has almost no prep time!
30 Minute Meatball Stroganoff
This easy dinner goes on the table fast! Meatball stroganoff starts with pre-cooked, frozen meatballs that are simmered in a creamy sauce.
This simple yellow squash casserole recipe is full of fresh summer squash in a creamy sauce with a crunchy layer made with stuffing. Easy and delicious!
💭 Things to know
- A can of cream soup is a quick way to create a creamy sauce or gravy. For beef gravy you can add the beef flavor of Better than Bouillion to cream of mushroom soup and a little garlic powder to taste.
- Make a quick meal with sliced deli turkey and a can of cream of chicken soup. Thin the soup out with a little milk and warm the sliced turkey in it. Serve over toast.
- Casseroles with canned cream soups can usually be frozen without any problem but recipes with homemade versions can't. The sauce will break and get watery.
- You can use this pantry staple to thicken watery gravies, too! Just whisk it in the gravy a tablespoon or so at a time until you get the texture you're looking for.
- Out of cream of chicken soup? Try this basic white sauce and add some "Better than Bouillion" in the chicken flavor.
You can use an equal amount of sour cream as condensed soup. It will have a similar texture but you'll have to make up the flavor with seasonings.
Yes! You could also use cream of asparagus, cream of celery, or other cream soup varieties.
First published May 30, 2021. Last updated September 12, 2023, to add more recipes.