They have oatmeal in them so you can even pretend they are health food. Nice, huh?
Ranger cookies travel well; they are perfect for lunchboxes (pretty sure they won't get traded for a DingDong) or shipping to Iraq (or Afghanistan, or Korea, or....)
The coconut helps them maintain moistness while the oatmeal helps them hold together. And, oddly enough, the Rice Krispies add a really cool texture.
Be sure to undercook them slightly and leave them on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes to firm up. They will stay chewy that way. If you like them crispy let them bake a little longer.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Ranger CookiesPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or use silpat.
- Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or 10-12 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Remove from oven and allow to firm up on cookie sheet about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.