They have oatmeal in them so you can even pretend they are health food. Nice, huh?
Ranger cookies travel well; they are perfect for lunchboxes (pretty sure they won't get traded for a DingDong) or shipping to Iraq (or Afghanistan, or Korea, or....)
The coconut helps them maintain moistness while the oatmeal helps them hold together. And, oddly enough, the Rice Krispies add a really cool texture.
Be sure to undercook them slightly and leave them on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes to firm up. They will stay chewy that way. If you like them crispy let them bake a little longer.
You may also like these old fashioned oatmeal cookies.
Ranger CookiesPrint Save Go to Collections
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or use silpat.
- Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or 10-12 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Remove from oven and allow to firm up on cookie sheet about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
I liked the consistency of the cookies but they taste like baking soda. If I make again I would decrease the amount to 1tsp
That sounds like a great idea. 🙂