Blueberry white chocolate cookies are made with dried blueberries for extra flavor. Each bite is chewy, crispy, buttery goodness with a taste of summer.
I wanted to share one of the cookie recipes from my cookbook in case you wanted to pre-test it. This is one of my favorites, and very unusual - blueberry white chocolate chip cookies. I developed these because I loved the blueberry white chocolate muffins that I made so much. I kept thinking that it would make such an awesome flavor combination in the right cookie-and I was right!
These blueberry white chocolate cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, with a buttery combination of flavors that just keep revealing themselves as you eat: lemon, white chocolate, nutmeg, blueberry...
The trick to these, if there is one, is to take them from the oven slightly under-done so that they finish cooking as they cool. The dried blueberries keep them moist for longer than usual if they last past the first day. Please, if you do try these? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. I am horridly nervous about the cookbook.
If you want a more decorated cookie you can drizzle melted white chocolate across them, but flavor-wise it is quite unnecessary.
If you use all butter the cookies will be greasy and flat. If you use all shortening they will be tasteless. Lately I have had more people that usual emailing me and telling me the recipes are not good. Then they list all the changes they made.
Can I just say that when I develop a recipe it usually is over several bakings? I normally try numerous possibilities before I post the recipe. If you change it you are likely to revert to something I all ready tried and discarded as not being good enough. 🙂 If you change the recipe and it fails, well there is nothing I can do about operator error, is there?
One thing I have noticed is that flour varies from brand to brand and even bag to bag. You may need to use a little more or a little less to get the perfect texture. Be willing to experiment.
Blueberry White Chocolate CookiesPrint Pin Recipe Save Go to Collections
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening, helps the cookies keep their shape
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and both sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel; beat until well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients together; stir into creamed mixture.
- Blend well; add dried blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by generous, rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment baking sheets. Keep cookies about 2" apart.
- Bake 8–10 minutes, removing from oven when just barely done.
- Cool on pans 5 minutes; remove to cool
Leave a Reply