If you've got a church potluck coming up you'll love this roundup of easy slow cooker recipes! They've been hand picked to be easy on the budget, crowd pleasing, and delicious!
Table of Contents
- Why we love church potlucks
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Angel Chicken
- Broccoli, Chicken, and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Root Beer Chicken
- Fiesta Chicken
- Easy Orange Chicken
- White Chicken Chili
- Southern Smothered Chicken
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Beef and Noodles
- Meatball Sandwiches
- Mac & Cheese
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Louisiana Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Green Beans, Potatoes, and Ham
- More great potluck ideas
- 💭 Tips for success
- 💬 Comments
Why we love church potlucks
Church potlucks have been around for just about as long as churches have. It's a way to connect with others in the congregation and strengthen bonds and friendships.
Sharing food has always been part of the church experience and I imagine it always will be.
Slow cooker recipes are absolutely the easiest way to bring deliciousness to share with your church family.
Each of the following recipes has been chosen for 3 reasons.
- It's budget friendly.
- It feeds a crowd.
- It's easy to make and take.
Oh, and all of these recipes are just as yummy for the work potluck, the family potluck, the GNO potluck, or any other kind of potluck you can think of.
You'll also want to check out these 56 amazing potluck dessert recipes.
Everyone loves a creamy, cheesy chicken spaghetti! This one is easily made in the slow cooker. Don't plan on taking home leftovers.
One of the creamiest, easiest chicken crockpot recipes is Angel chicken. It's been one of the most popular recipes here on Restless Chipotle. Chicken (you can use thighs or breasts) simmers in a creamy Italian herb sauce until it's fall apart tender. I like to shred the chicken for potlucks. It makes it serve more people.
Broccoli, Chicken, and Rice Casserole
This simple slow cooker casserole is a favorite for church potlucks! It's easy on the budget, too. Just make it stretch with more rice and broccoli!
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Apricot chicken is made with bone-in chicken thighs. When I make it for a potluck or big party I'll use boneless chicken thighs and shred the meat to make it go further. It's delicious in Hawaiian rolls or over rice.
Root Beer Chicken
Tangy and delicious! Crockpot root beer chicken is made with just 3 ingredients and almost no prep time.
Bring along some sandwich buns and sit back and wait for the compliments to roll in.
Easy Orange Chicken
Just look at that sauce! Y'all won't be taking home leftovers when you take this slow cooker orange chicken to the church potluck. Likely you'll need to pry people away from the empty dish! This recipe is from Deb at Bowl Me Over.
White Chicken Chili
This soothing white chicken chili has won first prize at more than one church potluck. It's nothing short of amazing!
Bring some Fritos along to go with it.
Southern Smothered Chicken
Tender chicken, mushrooms, and onions simmer to perfection in a rich gravy. Make this crockpot smothered chicken and the whole fellowship hall is going to smell amazing.
It's delicious over rice, potatoes, or biscuits.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
You get all the flavor of your favorite chicken enchiladas without all the prep time! Tortillas, chicken, cheese, enchilada sauce, and more are layered in this delectable slow cooker enchilada casserole.
Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
This one is just about as kid-friendly as Santa Claus. Cheeseburger mac and cheese has all the flavor of your favorite cheeseburger but it feeds a crowd without breaking the budget.
Sometimes I'll add chopped dill pickles to the top after it's done.
Mississippi Pot Roast
This easy slow cooker pot roast makes the perfect filling for Italian beef sandwiches. Just a little spicy, just a little tangy, and lots of yummy, beefy flavor. Serve on sandwich rolls, hoagie rolls, or even in hot dog buns!
Beef and Noodles
This is classic comfort food right here! Make the beef in the crockpot and stir in the cooked noodles just before heading out to the potluck.
Meatball sandwiches are always a good choice! These easy crockpot meatballs go in the slow cooker raw and simmer in the marinara all day long. The soak up ALL the flavor and are cooked to perfection.
Mac & Cheese
Making macaroni and cheese in the crockpot means that it's easy to transport without a mess AND it stays hot!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
This is old-school potluck goodness right here! Tender potatoes and ham in a creamy, cheese sauce are a potluck classic.
Louisiana Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
This chicken and sausage gumbo recipe takes a little more effort than most of what I'm sharing here but boy is it GOOD!
By the time the preachin' is done the fellowship hall is gonna be smelling wall-licking good.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
If you're cooking for a Men's Breakfast this hearty crockpot breakfast casserole is just the recipe you need. Sausage, potatoes, eggs, onions, peppers, cheese - all the good things!
Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
Imagine all of the flavor of your favorite lasagna but in an easy, slow cooker version! This slow cooker ravioli lasagna is so simply that we call it lazy day lasagna! This recipe is from Deb at Bowl Me Over
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
There's always room for something sweet, right? This crockpot caramel apple dump cake is one of my favorites. Just THREE ingredients!
Slow Cooker Green Beans, Potatoes, and Ham
Fresh green beans, a little country ham, and thin skinned potatoes just like Grandma used to make. Only these crockpot green beans don't require your attention.
More great potluck ideas
But wait! There's more! I've hunted around the Internet to find these crockpot potluck favorites.
- Crockpot Bacon Bubble Bread from Recipes that Crock
- Ultimate Baked Beans from All Our Way
- Crockpot Rotel Dip from Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Crockpot Little Smokies from Princess Pinky Girl
- Grape Jelly Meatballs from Simply Stacie
- Crockpot Cowboy Beans from Everyday Eileen
- Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches from Crayons and Cravings
- Crockpot Beer Chili From Cagle Diaries
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake from The Magical Slow Cooker
💭 Tips for success
Having a great crockpot recipe for the church potluck is only one piece of the success puzzle. Here are some tips that will take you to expert level in no time.
- Print out index cards with the name of the recipe and the ingredients. Tape it to the crockpot. That way if anyone has food allergies they will know immediately if they should serve up or not.
- Keep the slow cooker on warm! Going from hot to room temperature before eating is just asking for a food borne illness - even if the food has been prayed over!
- Anything that is sitting out for more than 2 hours should be tossed. If you've brought something and are hoping for leftovers bring along a airtight container and an ice chest. Put the leftovers in the container and put it in the ice chest to keep it cold.
- Make sure you have your name and phone number an the crockpot AND the lid.
- Don't take any serving utensils that you're not willing to lose.
- Don't choose a slow cooker recipe that has a ton of sloshy liquid if you will be driving the backroads.
Do you have a favorite slow cooker dish for potlucks? Leave a comment I'd love to hear about it!
Thanks so much for reading! Be sure to check out the Slow Cooker category for more crockpot recipes.