If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the recipe.
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 4- serving packages chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan and set aside.
- Combine the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, one at a time, and beat well after each.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- With mixer on low blend in 1/3 of the flour mixture.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream.
- Blend in 1/3 of the flour mixture.
- Add the rest of the sour cream.
- Stir in the remaining flour mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.
- Add the cream, pudding mix, and powdered sugar to the bowl of a mixer.
- Whip until light and fluffy.
- Spread thickly on cooled cake.
If you liked this old fashioned chocolate sheet cake you might also like…
Part of Meal Plan Monday Roundup