Time to get cozy and comfy! The weather is blustery and it's time for comfort food!
These soup recipes are perfect for Fall and Winter! Here are 27 recipes to choose from. Each one is easy and deliciously budget-friendly.
Table of Contents
- 🗝️ Key takeaways
- Cream of tomato soup
- Black bean soup
- Ravioli soup
- Crockpot French onion soup
- Slow cooker cheese and broccoli soup
- Stuffed pepper soup
- Crack Chicken Chili
- Potato soup
- Cowboy soup
- Chicken chili
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Pozole Verde
- Lasagna Soup
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Black Eyed Pea Soup
- More great soup ideas
- 💭 Tips for soup success
- 🍽️ Serve with...
- 📞 The last word
- 💬 Comments
🗝️ Key takeaways
- Soup is a budget friendly way to serve a delicious, hearty meal to your family.
- Anytime! It's simple to make and works for just about any time of day.
- Whip up these fall soups in 30 minutes or less, or just toss the ingredients in a slow cooker for a super easy weeknight dinner!
It’s soup season, y’all! Time to get warm and cozy on those chilly evenings with a steaming bowl of hearty soup.
Cream of tomato soup
Ditch the canned Campbell’s tomato soup and make it from scratch in just 10 minutes! Homemade tomato soup is delicious and healthier than the store-bought version.
Jazz up your creamy tomato soup with fresh basil, red pepper flakes, or freshly grated parmesan cheese. And don’t forget grilled cheese!
Black bean soup
Who said comfort food can’t be both nutritious and delicious?
Copycat Panera black bean soup is an easy vegan soup made with fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, and warm spices.
A squeeze of lime juice brightens up the flavors with a touch of tang.
Ravioli soup is a one-pot meal that will satisfy the whole family!
Easy ravioli is mixed with savory ground beef, heavy cream, and topped with parmesan cheese. Can I get a YUM?!
Crockpot French onion soup
The best part of Crockpot French onion soup is that it only uses six common ingredients! Caramelized onions give it the signature flavor everyone loves.
Top it with a slice of provolone cheese and serve with a hunk of crusty bread for the perfect meal any time of year!
Slow cooker cheese and broccoli soup
Recreating Subway’s broccoli cheddar soup at home is easy-peasy!
Broccoli cheddar soup is one of the best soup recipes of all time because it's full of creamy, cheesy goodness that will make your mouth water.
Simmer it in your instant pot or cook it on the stovetop in a pinch.
Stuffed pepper soup
My stuffed pepper soup mimics the classic flavor of stuffed peppers in an easy, cozy soup.
The savory flavor of beef stock, chicken stock, and ground beef is perfectly balanced with the sweetness of bell peppers and tomatoes. Long-grain rice adds some bulk to make it hearty and filling.
Crack Chicken Chili
Crack chicken chili is a delicious soup that’s hearty and oh-so addicting!
Tender crockpot chicken with ranch seasoning, bacon, and cream cheese—need I say more?
Make white chicken chili with leftover rotisserie chicken for a reduced cook time. Just simmer the ingredients in a Dutch oven rather than a slow cooker.
Old-fashioned potato soup is one of my favorite fall soup recipes that’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
Cream cheese, milk, butter, and a dollop of sour cream make this nostalgic soup taste just like Grandma’s!
Cowboy soup gives a Midwestern twist to the classic Texas-style chili.
Beans, beef, and macaroni make this a kid-friendly soup recipe that will keep you coming back for more!
This flexible recipe can also be customized based on what you already have lying around in your fridge and pantry.
Crockpot white chicken chili is a budget-friendly meal and the ultimate comfort food with only five minutes of prep time.
Green chiles, flavorful spices, and cilantro add a lovely freshness to rich, hearty chicken chili.
Slow cooker beef stew is a classic soup that’s meaty, rich, and hearty. A packet of onion soup mix really enhances the flavor of the beef and veggies!
Spice up beef stew with your favorite hot sauce, jalapenos, or other peppers to warm your taste buds and your soul!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Every bite of Crockpot chicken tortilla soup is full of classic Tex-Mex flavors.
Make this restaurant favorite in the comfort of your own kitchen with a trusty slow cooker.
Don't forget extra cheese and a big dollop of sour cream!
Chicken Pozole Verde
Crockpot green chicken pozole (pozole verde) is the Mexican version of homemade chicken soup. It’s light, fresh, and even better the next day!
What sets pozole apart from regular chicken soup is hominy, a Southern staple. No substitutions—it's worth it!
Lasagna soup transforms the classic Italian casserole into a cheesy, meaty soup. Lasagna-loving Garfield would give this recipe a five-star rating, and your whole family will, too.
Plus, traditional lasagna is time-consuming—but not soup! It only takes 20 minutes.
Chicken and corn chowder
Crockpot chicken corn chowder is a delicious fall soup with minimal effort. It’s easy, creamy, and corn-tastic! Just add the chicken to the crockpot, dump in the rest of the ingredients, and cook.
Black Eyed Pea Soup
Black-eyed pea soup is a rustic, smoky dish that’s a big hit with spice lovers! Rotel tomatoes and chiles give it a classic kick, and the crispy bacon bits on top are to die for. Use canned black-eyed peas to make this easy soup in just 15 minutes!
More great soup ideas
- Bean and bacon soup fills you up on a cold day, tasting like you cooked for hours. Spoiler alert: it only takes a few minutes! Score!
- "Wow" your friends at winter potlucks with this 100% homemade chicken noodle soup, including scratch-made noodles and stock.
- This lentil soup recipe is a hearty soup with loads of tender vegetables, and it's ready in just 30 minutes.
- Bring a restaurant-quality meal to your dinner table with homemade copycat Olive Garden zuppa toscana.
- Hot wing lovers will slurp up this spicy buffalo chicken soup in no time!
- Creamy butternut squash soup has got to be one of the best vegetarian soups ever! It's one of my favorite ways to enjoy autumn squash.
- Beer cheese soup is rich and creamy and studded with pieces of flavorful sausage. You'll look forward to eating it all day long.
- Make delicious wild rice soup with sauteed mushrooms and onions, or just add all the ingredients to your instant pot for an even quicker meal.
- Nothing says fall quite like New England clam chowder. With tender clams, creamy potatoes, and salty bacon, it's a true hit.
- Sweet potato soup is a hearty dish where sweet potatoes and creamy coconut milk shine as stars. You'll love this unique option.
- Pick up a pack of cheesy tortellini and some salsa, and you'll have almost everything needed to make Southwest chicken tortellini soup.
💭 Tips for soup success
- Cut down on prep time by using canned beans and frozen, precut veggies.
- Reduce the cooking time for chicken soups by using fully-cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Soups with red meat (like sausage or beef stew meat) are best made in a slow cooker. This guarantees tender, juicy meat that shreds easily and falls apart in your mouth.
- If your soup includes spicy chiles, please, please, please wear gloves while handling them! It takes a lot of hand washing to remove the oils from your skin.
- Soups freeze really well and last several months in the freezer! Just wait until the soup has cooled to room temperature before transferring it to a freezer-safe airtight container.
🍽️ Serve with...
What’s better than soup with bread? Soup in bread, of course! Bake your own homemade bread bowls for soup that are so good, they will make Panera jealous!
Bread is soup’s best friend, but not just any bread will do! Check out 29 of the best bread recipes for soup. Find out what kinds of homemade breads pair perfectly with creamy soups, hearty stews, and brothy soups.
📞 The last word
So, what's your favorite? Is it chicken noodle (the number #1 soup in the United States) or tomato (#2 fav soup in the US)?
Leave a comment below and let me know!