What would Thanksgiving be without all of those side dish recipes we all love? Here are some of our family's favorites!
Slow Cooker Cornbread Dressing
Recipe: Cornbread Dressing
It's just not Thanksgiving without dressing! I love this easy recipe because it's made in the slow cooker so it doesn't use up premium oven space. It comes out SO light and fluffy, too!
Jiffy Cornbread Casserole
Recipe: Creamy Corn Casserole
Crispy crust and a creamy, gooey interior - this Jiffy cornbread casserole is a southern classic! 5 minutes of prep time - and you can make it ahead.
Au Gratin Potatoes
Recipe: Au Gratin Potatoes
Make these easy, cheesy potatoes right on top of the stove then add them to a casserole dish and brown the top at the last minute - or skip that part. Tender potato goodness that everyone loves.
Mom's Green Bean Casserole
Recipe: Green Bean Casserole
I don't think there are many tables without this family favorite on them during the holidays! This easy green bean casserole has been popular for decades because it's so darn easy!
Baked Mac & Cheese
Recipe: Mac & Cheese
It's just not a holiday table without the macaroni and cheese on it! Creamy and cheesy - this is everyone's favorite.
Cinnamon Spiced Apple Rings
Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Rings
Sweet and spicy, these cinnamon apple rings are pretty on the relish tray! They couldn't be easier to make. You'll want to make them a couple of days ahead of time for the best color.
Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Recipe: Bourbon Sweet Potato Crunch
Creamy, rich, and sweet! Classic whipped sweet potato casserole has the addition of bourbon and is then topped with pecan praline. SO unbelievably good you may want to keep it all to yourself.
- Get all hands on deck - everyone can do something when it comes to Thanksgiving side dish prep! The littles can wash vegetables, pull herb leaves off stems, and other small chores that free up the bigs to do the more challenging stuff.
- My mother is probably rolling over in her grave but I like to keep it all easy and that means the fewer dishes to wash the better. Use disposable serving dishes, paper plates, and paper napkins and leave the fancy china in the cupboard - you deserve to enjoy the day, too.
- Don't be afraid to round out your holiday side dish game with prepared items from your favorite deli.
- Have a vegan coming to dinner? Roast some veggies with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Family potluck? Make your recipes in aluminum pans that can be thrown away. No worries about losing your favorite casserole dish.