This easy banana pudding cheesecake will get rave reviews at your next party or potluck! Rich and creamy with lots of banana pudding flavor, this cheesecake recipe never cracks or curdles – you’ll love it!
Banana pudding cheesecake is nothing short of amazing — and we are big banana pudding fans around here. It is creamy and rich like banana pudding but has the tang of cheesecake as well. The cheesecake has a layer of Nilla wafers and bananas, just like the real deal.
The trick to making a good cheesecake is to make sure that you beat it slowly so no air is whipped into the cheese. It will bake up denser and richer with a much more intense taste. After all, those air molecules take up some space, right?
Give this banana pudding cheesecake recipe a try. It’s best if you make it a day ahead of time but you can make it up to three or four days ahead if you want to.
Southen Banana Pudding Cheesecake Recipe
Give this Southern Banana Pudding Cheesecake recipe a try – if you like it please give it a 5 star rating! Thanks
Southern Banana Pudding CheesecakePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 package 'Nilla Wafers, , half turned to crumbs in the blender, half broken into large chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, , melted
- 3 bananas, , peeled and sliced
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbs strong bourbon vanilla
- 16 ounces sour cream
Bourbon Pecan Maple Glaze
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 lb pecans, , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Mix Nilla Wafers crumbs and butter and press into a 9 inch springform
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform with aluminum foil to seal out water
- Beat the cream cheese on low speed until blended
- Add sugar and continue to beat on low
- Add the eggs one at a time
- Remove from mixer and fold in sour cream and the vanilla
- Pour half the filling into the crust. Sprinkle with sliced bananas and remaining (chopped) 'Nilla Wafers.
- Pour the remaining filling over in the prepared crust carefully
- Bake for 45 minutes in a bain marie (place cheesecake pan in another pan and add water until it comes halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan)
- Leave oven door closed and turn off heat. Allow to stand for one hour
- Remove from oven and bain marie and allow to come to room temperature
- Chill for 8 hours
Bourbon Pecan Maple Glaze
- Bring all of the ingredients except the pecans to a simmer.
- Whisk until the sugar is dissolved and mixture is reduced by half. It should be thickened.
- Spread the glaze over the cooked cake, sprinkle on the pecans and press them in lightly.
- Refrigerate until it is time to serve
If you liked this Southern Banana Pudding Cheesecake you may also like…
From left to right: Red Velvet Cheesecake, Pecan Pie Cheesecake, Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake
Let's Keep in Touch!