This easy Jalapeno Popper Dip is perfect for holiday parties or Saturday snacking!
Jalapeno poppers have got to be some of my favorite snacks. There is something about the heat of the pepper, the creaminess of the cream cheese, the crunch of the crumb coating… The combination is addictive.
The thing is that jalapeno poppers are a pain to make and they disappear so fast that it almost isn’t worth it – almost. Well, this jalapeno popper dip has the flavor, bite, and crunch of the poppers but it is so easy to make that it is ridiculous. Serve it with some chips or toasted baguette slices and be prepared to watch it disappear. In fact, if you are really smart? Yeah, you’ll make two batches. Hide one for yourself.
You can make this dip ahead and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve but don’t add the crumb-parmesan layer until you are ready to bake it. The crumbs will be soggy and never crisp up right at all. Bake the dip just before serving and serve it hot.
Don’t be afraid to adjust the amount of jalapenos to your own taste – you can add more or less. The chilies give it plenty of flavor without adding heat. The recipe as written is about medium hot. Half or double the jalapeno to adjust it.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced jalapeno peppers , drained
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Colby-Jack cheese , grated
- Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the chilies and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour mixture into a greased oven-proof dish.
- Top with grated cheese and crumbs
- Bake at 350F until the mixture is heated through and the crumb topping is golden, about 15 minutes.
This dip is made of minimal ingredients that give you maximum flavor.
Grated cheese and Panko crumbs give the hot dip a tasty crunch.
I decided at the last minute that the dip needed a little more flavor – from Colby-Jack cheese.
After a few minutes in the oven you end up with this… The perfect jalapeno popper dip with just the right amount of crunch. Serve with chips or toasted slices of baguette.