This easy chicken Parmesan recipe is quick enough to make on a busy weeknight. Crunchy breadcrumbs cover a tender chicken breast that's been lightly coated with a tangy mustard and lemon glaze. It's then covered in a robust marinara and Parmesan cheese and then baked. A sprinkle of fresh basil finishes off this classic Italian recipe.
When we lived in eastern Pennsylvania we often went to one particular restaurant. It was my favorite because when you sat down you were given a basket of the most incredible, warm apple fritters - and that basket was kept filled to the brim throughout your meal. It was the mid 1960s and chain restaurants had not been created (in the pit of deepest hell) yet. As you traveled you got regional specialties from mom and pop owned places... and because of this I learned to love a variety of regional foods, an opportunity that is pretty much gone in the United States we we have learned to enjoy bland, boring, and basic...
ANYWAY.... this little restaurant served veal parmesan and I loved it from the first time I took a bite. It was what I ordered every time I was there. I don't remember much about the decor or the service but I do remember that parmesan and the apple fritters.
When I got older I eschewed veal in anything because of ethical reasons... I just prefer not to eat it... and I learned that, for me anyway, chicken breast was an acceptable substitute.
This easy chicken Parmesan recipe is much simpler than it looks. It's actually quite impressive when you bring it to the table! You can create this in about 40 minutes. The chicken is butter tender and juicy and flavored with white wine and dijon. The crust is crispy from the mixture of Panko crumbs and Parmesan. It bakes in 25 minutes in your oven - just enough time for you to get the pasta and salad finished and warm the garlic bread. Serve with your favorite wine and let everyone think you are amazing. Because you are.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
This is bound to become one of your favorites! If you like this recipe please give it a 5 star rating below.
Easy Chicken Parmesan RecipePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, ,grated
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, ,chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, , sliced horizontally to make 12 thinner breasts
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, ,finely grated
- 1 teaspoon basil, , chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti, , cooked
- Marinara sauce, , your favorite
- Parmesan for sprinkling on the chicken and pasta
- Fresh basil cut in a chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or oil it well
- Whisk together mustard, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt and pepper in a large bowl
- Add chicken breasts and make sure they are coated on all sides.
- Set aside
- Mix Panko, basil and cheese
- Pour out on a plate
- Dredge the chicken breast, one piece at a time, in the crumb mixture
- Make sure it is coated completely
- Transfer to the baking sheet and press the crumbs on the meat gently
- Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat reaches 160F... It will continue to cook as it stands.
- Let stand 5 minutes while you plate the pasta
- Add a spoon of hot marinara, and a sprinkling of cheese and serve
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
If you liked this chicken Parmesan recipe you may also like...
From left to right: Chicken Biscuit Sliders, Macaroni and Cheese, King Ranch Chicken Casserole