Knowing how to make deep fried Oreos means you have State Fair food anytime you want it. This recipe gives you warm, chocolaty, oozy packages of goodness just like you get at the Fair! The batter gets delicately crispy, the chocolate cookie gets soft, and the creamy filling oozes out in every bite. I’ve even included air fryer instructions!
Ingredients for this recipe: egg, milk, butter, vanilla, pancake mix, Double Stuff Oreos, peanut oil or other oil for frying, sugar crystals
Table of Contents
Who Doesn’t Love Fair Food?
Deep fried Oreos are one of those Texas State Fair foods that you can make at home if you start craving before the fair is even on the horizon. Just about now, the first of summer, I start thinking about all the food at the Fair in September. Sometimes I think about it way too much.
These are not in any way, shape, or form anything that could be called healthy. They are grease and sugar held together with cholesterol and calories.
It’s one of those things you have to eat just as they come out of the fryer, though. You can’t save them for later.
Fried Oreo FAQs
Here are some answers to some of the most common questions I get about these Oreos. As far as health concerns – it’s my opinion that foods like this are meant to be a treat not a daily part of your diet. Find out more about frying in this Harvard Study.
Well, you definitely shouldn’t eat them every day. I’m of the opinion that moderation is the key to good health.
Oreos themselves last a couple of weeks after opening (yeah right) but once you’ve made the fried ones you should eat them within a few hours max.
Peanut oil is my favorite if there are no allergies because it is light and it has a high smoke point. If you can’t use that try a light vegetable oil.
Yes – crisp them up in a 425F oven for a few minutes – but don’t expect them to taste just like fresh.
Tips for Deep Fried Oreos
This fried Oreos recipe could not be easier, y’all… but here are a few tips to ensure your complete success!
- I use peanut oil because it fries cleaner than most other oils and makes things light and crispy. If you have peanut allergies to deal with then any light vegetable oil is fine.
- Be sure to clean your fryer and replace the oil often. Rancid oil will make your fried foods taste gross.
- Try all of the Oreo variations to see which are your favorite. I’m a classic gal, myself.
- Use powdered sugar instead of sugar crystals to dust them after they’re fried if you like.
- Keep small kids and pets out of the kitchen while you are frying – the hot oil can really injure you, your kiddo, or your pet if you stumble over someone in a crowded space.
- Beware… knowing how to make these means that you’ll be harassed constantly by family and friends to serve them at every movie night and pool party!
If you are going to make these I’d suggest making them in small batches unless you are entertaining and you have a ton of people. It’s a fun recipe but the cookies are rich and you really can’t eat all that many.
More Oreos Recipes
We’re big Oreos fans around here. Open a package and they evaporate in seconds – if you’re looking for more ways to get that chocolaty goodness give these recipes a try –
- Easy Banana Bread with Oreos
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Mint Oreo Chunk Ice Cream
- Mint Oreo Cookies and Cream Bark
You can also make a great, no bake chocolate crumb crust with them!
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Restless Chipotle & Co. Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Restless Chipotle!
People have been making deep fried foods in a pot on the stove for centuries but personally I prefer an electric deep fryer. It holds the temperature steadier and I am always aware of sudden drops or spikes in the temperature of the oil. This is the one I use –
Homemade Deep Fried Oreos Recipe
These fried cookies are addictive, y’all. Once you try them and see how easy they are you’ll totally be hooked. I’ve included air fryer instructions as well.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars!
Deep Fried Oreos Just Like the State Fair
- Deep Fryer
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 10 ounces package Double Stuff Oreos
- Peanut oil for deep frying
- Sugar crystals for rolling the warm cookies in
- Preheat the oil in the fryer to 375F.
- Mix the egg, milk, butter, vanilla, and pancake mix until smooth.
- Dip a cookie in the batter, covering it completely.
- Carefully slip it into the preheated oil.
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in sugar, Confectioner’s sugar, or sugar and cinnamon.
To Make in an Air Fryer
- Mix and batter as above.
- Line basket with greased parchment paper.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Air fry for 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook 4 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve hot.
Share Your Own Images
Let's Keep in Touch!