I don't think there is any kind of pasta that I don't like. I like it plain with butter, with some herbs, with marinara, with... well you get the idea. There is something about creamy vodka sauce that is addictive to me.
I mean, I lick the spoon while I am making it, I scoop out what's left in the pan with my fingers, I run a piece of bread over any remaining molecules of sauce to get every last bit. I honestly don't know what vodka actually brings to the sauce, besides the name and the idea that it has a little alcohol in it so it therefore gourmet, but I know that I could drink it with a straw. In a cup. Or even a sippy cup.
Yep, it is that good.
This is really easy to make - I like it on the shell macaroni because the shape hold more of the sauce. YAY! Rotini will work, too. Just be sure to use something that can catch and hold plenty of the sauce.
Sometimes I add ground beef, sometimes I add meatballs, and sometimes I just leave it plain. It really is a good all purpose pasta sauce to have up your sleeve... well not up your sleeve... maybe on your spoon?
Shell Pasta with Creamy Vodka SaucePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 onions, , chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, , minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, , or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, , chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, , chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground beef, , browned - optional
- 2 lbs pasta shells, , cooked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Simmer the tomatoes, Ro"Tel, onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes together until the onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and then run the mixture through a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan.
- Add the vodka and simmer the mixture over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream, butter, and herbs.
- Stir well and remove from heat.
- Add the ground beef, if you are using it and spoon over hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.