Slow cooker dinners are perfect for busy weeknights and this one is sure to please the whole family.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- Crockpot Angel Chicken is a simple comfort food recipe that tastes scrumptious. It cooks quickly and needs only a few simple ingredients.
- The cream of chicken soup creates an unbelievable sauce to serve over top of angel hair pasta.
- This family favorite recipe is a filling meal that is easy to make and doesn't require a lot of prep or clean-up after dinner.
Y'all, the sauce on this chicken is amazing. The boneless chicken breasts come out super tender and buttery - it's honestly one of my favorite crockpot chicken breast recipes!
Once you try it, it will be one of your favorites, too.
This is an overview of the ingredients for this angel hair pasta and chicken recipe. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the green recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions are in the green recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the cream of chicken.
- Mix the Italian dressing packet and chicken stock together and stir into butter mixture.
- Place chicken and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over the chicken mixture and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Click the image or this link to go to the full length YouTube Video
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You'll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
🥫 How to store leftovers
Store leftover angel chicken in an airtight container (or covered with plastic wrap) in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat it in the microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and then heat in 30 second intervals until hot. You can also warm it gently on top of the stove, stirring often.
Don't freeze the leftovers. The sauce can become grainy.
- Add some vegetables to this chicken, by adding a bag of frozen mixed vegetables at the last hour of cooking.
- If you are a mushroom fan, switch out the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom soup or a can of Campbell's golden mushroom soup. Or just try this slow cooker chicken stroganoff.
- You can add sliced fresh mushrooms if you like them.
- Change up the flavor of this delectable sauce completely by using a ranch packet or a zesty Italian dressing packet.
- Parmesan cheese makes a great addition to this delicious dish, I recommend using freshly grated parmesan, you can add it to the slow cooker with the cream soup mixture.
- Out of chicken stock? Chicken broth or white wine can be used instead, I like to add extra garlic if I am using chicken broth instead of chicken stock.
Expert Tip: Be sure to spray the crockpot well with no-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner to make clean-up easy.
- Be sure to use the packet of dry Italian seasoning. Add it to the crock pot DRY.
- Keep the cover on the crockpot! Every time you take it off you let the heat out and it needs to build up again.
- If you are out of garlic cloves, you can use one teaspoon of garlic powder in place of the cloves.
- Add a dash of white wine to this dish to make a rich sauce.
- Be sure that you do not melt the butter and cream cheese. You only want to soften them so that you can mix them together.
- If you are using chicken tenderloins instead of boneless skinless chicken breasts, you can reduce the cooking time down to four hours on the low setting instead of six.
- For extra flavor, you can season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper before adding them to the slow cooker.
- I always like to cook my chicken breasts on low heat so that they don't become tough.
🍝 Angel hair vs spaghetti
Angel Hair pasta may look similar to spaghetti but they are different. Angel hair pasta is a very thin and round noodle.
The difference between the two noodles is that angel hair is much finer than spaghetti noodles. Angel hair pasta is best for light and creamy sauces instead of a tomato-based sauce.
Is you sauce too thin?
I've been really confused by comments that the sauce is too thin. I'm not sure why that would be but here are my suggestions:
- Shred the chicken in the sauce about 30 minutes before you plan to serve it. It's meant to go over rice, pasta, bread, or potatoes so the shredded chicken will help thicken in up.
- Make sure you're using dry Italian dressing mix and not liquid Italian dressing.
- Use regular Philadelphia brand cream cheese. Do not use low fat or fat free. Do not use an off brand.
- Add just ¼ cup of chicken stock and see if you like the consistency better.
- If it's too thin you can save it by removing as much of the sauce as possible, mixing in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, and heating it in a pan over the stove until it gets as thick as you like.
Cooking chicken in a crockpot is generally done on the low setting. This will ensure that the meat is not overcooked.
Yes, you can overcook chicken in a crockpot. If left on too long, the chicken may become dry and tough.
Yes, you can but I recommend that you thaw it first, so that your sauce doesn't become runny.
📚 Related recipes
- Crockpot ranch chicken is a fantastic slow cooker recipe that your entire family is going to love.
- Cheesy crockpot chicken spaghetti is my favorite crock pot recipe of all time, this dish is always a winner with everyone.
- We loved this angel chicken recipe so much I came up with this extra cheesy chicken mac and cheese and chicken noodle soup with similar flavors!
🍽️ Serve Angel Chicken with...
- Try this delicious Italian green bean salad to give the meal some crunch!
- Soft garlic breadsticks are the perfect blend of soft doughy goodness and buttery garlic flavor, these breadsticks are always a crowd pleaser.
- Y'all know I have a sweet tooth! This lemon bundt cake is the perfect ending!
📞 The last word
No time for the slow cooker? Try this similar recipe - creamy chicken lazone has a little Louisiana spice and served with pasta, too!
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Crockpot Angel Chicken RecipePrint Pin Recipe Save Go to Collections
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or left whole
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 0.6 ounces Italian dressing mix, I used Good Seasons
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with no stick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken breast.
- Add the garlic.
- Soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the cream of chicken soup (don't dilute it).
- Add the Italian dressing mix and the chicken stock.
- Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- OPTIONAL: 30 minutes before the cooking time is finished shred the chicken breasts with two forks and continue to cook in the sauce.
- Just before chicken is done cook the angel hair pasta. Drain.
- Serve the chicken over the pasta.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
First published Feb. 24, 2022. Last updated June 3, 2023 for editorial improvements and more helpful tips.
I would serve cream cheese green beans and Garlic Bread.
I would serve with green beans, tossed salad and garlic bread. Yum!!
I made this and was very pleased with how it came out. I served this with some home canned beets from our garden and it made an absolutely wonderful meal. Thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS on 2M views Marye!
I serve this with a "kitchen sink" salad, meaning everything but. It's a great way to use up all the bits & pieces of produce so they don't go to waste. I top it with some grated parm, & serve the meal with some garlic bread to sop up the delectable sauce!
I'd serve this with corn on the cob or cut off the cob. Everybody should have some in the freezer...lol
I would serve a string bean casserole and your recipe for delicious garlic bread sticks.
I would save this dish with a winter salad with fresh greens, dried cherries, fresh slices pears and red onion. The dressing choice would be an apple cider vinaigrette. I think some crusty artisan bread should be served with a little olive oil, herb drizzle.
I would serve this dish with baked Parmasian Brussel Sprouts with rice and garlic bread
I would serve carrots and garlic cheese bread with this!
I would serve a Huge Italian Salad with this meal, Roman Lettuce, Olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, homemade Italian dressing, top it with coutons, and serve a big loaf of Crusty Bread
I would serve a nice big Italian Salad with this dish !!!! Roman lettuce, with tomatoes, olives, cucumbers and a homemade Italian dressing, top it with Coutons, and serve a big loaf of Crusty Bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would serve this with a mixed green salad. Easy to fix.
Laurie L Kearnes
I totally love this chicken! I usually serve it with steamed vegetables and garlic bread. Yum!!!
This recipe looks yummy and creamy. I would serve this dish with a chef salad with garlic knots. Don't forget to wash it down with some homemade sweet tea. YUMMY YUMMY
I’d serve the angel chicken pasta with steamed broccoli florets, seasoned with salt, pepper, butter and a sprinkling of crumbled crispy bacon.
I thought I already posted but I will post again.
I have all the ingredients to make this very yummy dish. I will make it tomorrow. Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
I have all the ingredients already in my kitchen so tomorrow I will make it. It sounds so good. Thanks for the recipe.
I’d Serve with Nested Pappardelle Pasta. Yummy
I would serve it with a napkin...and, maybe some cheddar biscuits😊
I would serve a green salad and hot bread with this.