Rocky road lovers, cheesecake lovers, and chocolate addicts unite! This Rocky Road Cheesecake recipe is full of all of those flavors ad textures that you love. The crispy Oreo crust is filled with smooth, rich chocolate cheesecake and then topped with pecans, marshmallows, Milky Way candy bars, and more chocolate.
Chocolate overload, anyone?
What’s a Bain Marie?
The Bain Marie is imperative for a smooth, rich texture. It is merely a water bath that you make by putting the springform pan in a bigger, high sided pan and filling the larger pan halfway up with water. Use warm water and make sure all of your ingredients are at a warm room temperature if possible.
And, like all cheesecakes, I feel this one has the best texture when it has chilled for 8 hours at least.
Rocky Road CheesecakePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 Packages Oreos, , blended into crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, , melted
- 32 oz cream cheese, , room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, , room temp
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream, , room temp
- 1 cup chopped Milky Ways
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Melt the 1 cup of chocolate chips in the 1/3 cup of cream. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to room temp.
- Set aside.
- Mix the crumbs and the butter and press into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan
- Cover the pan bottom and sides on the outside with aluminum foil to keep any water out
- Bake for 5 minutes or until set
- Beat the cream cheese in low speed until smooth
- Add the sugar and continue to beat at low speed
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the vanilla, sour cream, and cooled chocolate
- Pour into springform and place the springform in a high sided pan add water until it comes halfway up the sides of the springform
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Turn off heat and leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour. DO NOT open the oven door
- Remove from the bain marie and to a rack to cool to room temperature
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. 8 is better.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator
- Sprinkle the top with marshmallows
- Add pecans
- Add Milky Ways
- Gently press to set the topping
- Bring the remaining heavy cream and butter to a simmer; remove from heat
- Whisk in the remaining chocolate chips until smooth
- Pour over the topping and refrigerate at least 1 hour
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
image: marye audet