- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons water (or bourbon)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups chocolate chips; milk, dark, bittersweet, or a combo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heavy cream as needed to thin the chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine the caramels and water (or bourbon) and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and cereal until coated.
- Use a melon baller or teaspoon to form balls with the hot mixture.
- Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- Meanwhile melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan until smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the pecan ball mixture into the chocolate, covering it completely.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and chill.
Makes 3 dozen or so.
Let's Keep in Touch!