Easy Tiramisu, a tropical pineapple delight, is a scrumptious no-bake, make-ahead summer dessert that brings you the flavors of the tropics in every luscious bite. Delicate savoiardi ladyfingers are basted with banana liqueur and layered with a combination of fluffy whipped sweetened mascarpone and whipped cream. Crunchy toasted coconut and pecans top this delectable treat. Friends and neighbors will beg you for this summer dessert recipe!
For this recipe you will need: sweetened coconut, banana liqueur, 20 savoiardi or ladyfingers, heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, mascarpone cheese, crushed pineapple.
Table of Contents
Ciao, I'm Marisa
I'm Italian and I grew up in a family with the belief that every meal is a celebration. The table is where we gather to fuel our bodies as well as the soul. And nothing pleases my soul better than tasty Italian and Southern food. You can find me at All Our Way cooking up some mouthwatering dishes.
Easy Tiramisu Recipe with Tropical Flavors
I love the South and its unique desserts. One I've always wanted to make is the classic Hummingbird cake. The combination of bananas, pineapple, pecans simply make my mouth water and my heart beat a little faster.
So when it came time for me to come up with a special dessert for our family gathering, I was torn. You see, the family wanted their favorite sweet, Tiramisu Cake. But, I had my heart set on a Hummingbird Cake with a tropical touch that's in a Pineapple Delight recipe.
Can you guess the rest of the story? Yep! We compromised with a Tropical Hummingbird Tiramisu!
So, I took flavors from each of the desserts and added some of my own. What I came up with one out-of-this-world Summer treat. One bite and I swear I heard the angels sing.
Now, I knew all of you Southerners would "get" what the flavors are in a Hummingbird tiramisu. But, not everyone is familiar, like we are, with that irresistible cake.
So, to give all the others a small inkling of what was in the delectable treat, I added Pineapple Delight and tropical to the name.
Tiramisu Recipe Step by Step
It goes together in a snap!
- Toast the coconut and pecans.
- Bring the mascarpone cheese to room temperature.
- Drain pineapple.
- Brush ladyfingers on both side with banana liqueur.
- Lay one layer ladyfingers on bottom of 9X9 inch pan.
- Whip cream then fold in mascarpone.
- Add pineapple.
- Spread ½ whipped mixture over ladyfingers. Sprinkle ½ toasted pecans and coconut over mixture.
- Lay the remaining banana liqueur painted ladyfingers over whipped cream mixture.
- Spread on the remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining toasted coconut and pecans over top of the tiramisu.
The beauty of this dessert is that it's no-bake and eggless as well. After putting it together, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
That's it!! Isn't that an easy summer treat?
Tips for the Perfect Tiramisu
- Have the mascarpone cheese at room temperature.
- Make sure the toasted coconut and pecans are also at room temperature.
- Use a metal bowl for the whipping cream and place it and beaters in freezer to keep cold.
- Use rubber scraper to press the pineapple juice from the fruit in the sieve.
- Don't overbeat the heavy cream -- you don't want butter.
- You may need to break some of the ladyfingers to fit the bottom of the pan.
The hardest part is waiting the six hours to sample it!
More Simple Summer Desserts
I know you'll love this tropical tiramisu but everyone needs variety! Check out these other summer recipes.
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is a no churn recipe. Chunks of strawberries stud the rich and creamy scoops of ice cream.
- No Churn Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate ice cream is for the chocolate lover. Chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips adds to the delicious Italian flavor.
- Cappuccino Gelato is for the coffee lover. It's also a no churn recipe and to add to the coffee flavor, we coffee liqueur. So good!
- Cinnamon Gelato Recipe: Rich Italian Ice Cream is good by itself and on a freshly made apple pie. I'd just grab a spoon and eat it right out of the container.
- Circus Animal Cookies Ice Cream is beautiful pink treat that child will love. Chopped pink and white animal cookies are added to a delicious vanilla ice cream.
These flavors are perfect summertime desserts. The best way to finish a picnic or barbecue. Make several flavors ahead and then have your own ice cream social.
You May Need ...
We use these different size metal bowls all the time. They are easy to store and won't break. When I put them in the freezer, they keep the ingredients cold. That's really important when whipping cream.
Easy Tiramisu Recipe
This no bake dessert is the ideal combination of Tiramisu, Hummingbird cake, Pineapple Delight, and a bit of Piña Colada tossed into make a tropical Italian treat. Creamy mascarpone cheese combines with whipped cream and crushed pineapple to make the exotic filling. Then add some toasted coconut and pecan bits and you'll be transported to a heavenly isle.
Easy Tiramisu: Tropical Pineapple Delight RecipePrint Pin Recipe Save Go to Collections
- Hand Mixer
- Metal mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups
- Fine sieve
- Baking Tray
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup chopped pecans , toasted
- ⅓ cup banana liqueur
- 20 savoiardi ladyfingers
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar, add another ¼ if you like it sweeter.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese ***(see notes), room temperature
- 20 oz crushed pineapple , drained well
- Place a metal mixing bowl and mixer beaters in the freezer. (You may use a freezer proof glass mixing bowl.)
- Spread coconut onto an aluminum lined baking tray. Bake at 350℉ for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When golden, remove and set aside and cool. (You may also toast the coconut in a pan on the stove.)
- While the coconut is toasting, on the stove over medium low heat, toast the chopped pecans in a small saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside
- Over a bowl, drain the crushed pineapple with a fine sieve. With a rubber spatula press on the crushed pineapple to release as much juice as possible.
- With a pastry brush, paint half of the ladyfingers on one side with the banana liqueur and place the painted side down in an even layer on the bottom of a 9X9-inch pan. Paint the top side. If there's a gap you may have to piece the ladyfinger in.
- With an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream and ¼ cup sugar in the cold mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the mascarpone cheese and once that is mixed in add the drained pineapple.
- Spread ½ of the cream mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Mix together the toasted coconut and pecans. Sprinkle ½ of this mixture over the cream filling.
- Paint one side of the ladyfingers with the banana liqueur and add them painted side down over the filling. Brush the top side of the ladyfingers with the liqueur.
- Spread the rest of the pineapple filling over the ladyfingers. Top with the toasted coconut pecan mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before enjoying.
- freeze the mixing bowl and beaters.
- make sure the toasted coconut and pecans are cool.
- mascarpone needs to be soft and at room temperature.
- crushed pineapple must be well-drained.
- don't overbeat the whip cream.
- to get the most flavor be sure to wait at least 6 hours before serving.