Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chai Spice Snowballs Cookies
Spicy, buttery crumbly cookies - snowballs are related to Mexican Wedding cakes. These are flavored with chai to make them extra delicious.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups coarsely ground pecans or other nuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons chai (I used 2 tea bags of Yogi,Indian Spice and just cut open the bags)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Grind the chai with the nuts.
Combine all ingredients, except the last powdered sugar, in large bowl.
Beat at low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
If you have time refrigerate for a couple of hours to intensify the chai flavor.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until very lightly browned.
Cool 5 minutes; roll in powdered sugar while still warm and then again when cool.