Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Italian Wedding Soup
A delicious soup filled with meatballs, greens, and pasta in a light chicken stock. Low calorie, low fat, high flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 generous servings
- 1 1 /2 pounds ground sirloin (this makes ALOT of meatballs, you can cut the meat to 3/4 pound if you want)
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder (more to taste)
- 2 quarts of chicken broth (I used Pacific Organic Free Range)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups uncooked ditalini pasta
- 2/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
Mix the sirloin, egg, Panko, basil, chile, and paprika.
Knead the mixture with your hands until very well mixed.
Form small,grape sized meatballs.
Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
Add all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese.
Simmer until the pasta is done.
Serve with cheese sprinkled on top