Add to Collection
Go to Collections
All Butter Pie Crust
Easy all butter pie crust comes out golden brown and flaky every single time. Be sure to watch the video for all the tips and tricks.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Chill 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter chilled
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ice water you may need a little more or less
Double the ingredients for a double crust pie.
Chill the butter for 10 minutes or so in the freezer.
Mix the flour, sugar, and salt.
Use the big side of the grater and grate in the butter, stopping to stir every once in awhile to keep the butter shreds separate.
Return the butter to the freezer when it starts to get warm.
Stir the butter and flour mixture to make sure all the butter shreds are coated in flour.
Slowly add the water, a little at a time, stirring with a fork.
The dough is ready when it holds together. You may need a little more or less water.
Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 10 minutes.
Dust the counter with flour and roll out the dough to about 1/8-inch thick.
Add to pie plate and crimp edges.
Freeze for 10 minutes before using as directed in your recipe.
- Make sure the butter is well chilled. Stop whenever you feel the butter warming up and put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes.
- Once you've grated the butter into the flour and given it a stir go ahead and put the bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes to firm it all back up.
- Use the iciest ice water possible!
- Freeze the dough for about 10 -15 minutes at least... or refrigerate for 30.
- Use the least amount of flour to roll out the dough and keep it from sticking.
- Roll lightly from the middle - turn - and repeat.
- Place it in the pie plate and put in the freezer for 10 minutes before using.
- Unbaked pie crusts can be frozen for up to 3 months, baked for up to 6 months.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 247mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg