Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Mexican Corn Casserole
Quick and easy side dish that can be made up to two days ahead of time. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or summer barbecues.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 15 ounces can Whole Kernel Corn drained
- 15 ounces can Creamed Corn don't drain
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Eggs
- 8 ounces Cornbread Mix 1 box
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 ounces chiles undrained
Homemade Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl stir all of the ingredients together.
Pour the ingredients into a greased 9x9 casserole dish.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
Remove from oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- If using homemade cornbread mix add an extra 2 tablespoons butter
- You can make this 2 to 3 days ahead of when you'll need it and store in the refrigerator, either cooked or uncooked.
- You can also freeze it either baked or unbaked. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking as directed in the recipe. If you've frozen it already baked then just warm it at 300F for 20 minutes.
- Don't overbake - it will get dry.
- Let the Mexican Cornbread Casserole stand for 10 minutes or so before serving to allow it to firm up.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 1.3mg