Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake
Dense and creamy cheesecake with chunks of peanut butter oreos, topped with a silky chocolate ganache.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 16 servings
- 3 cups Nutter Butter Sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter that has been allowed to turn golden brown
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespooon vanilla
- 6 eggs , room temperature
- 15 Peanut Butter Oreos cut in chunks (reserve the remaining cookies in package for garnish.)
- 1 16- oz container of sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup bittersweet and milk chocolate mixed and chopped
Mix the cream cheese on low speed until creamy. Add sugar and continue to beat.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating 2-3 minutes after each.
Fold in the sour cream and vanilla.
Spoon half of the mixture into the pan.
Layer the chopped oreos over the batter.
Spoon in the rest of the batter and smooth the top.
Place the springform in a pan and fill with hot water that comes halfway up the sides.
Bake for 50 minutes and then turn the oven off. Leave the door closed and the cheesecake in the turned off oven for 1 hour.
Remove from water bath and allow to come to room temperature.
Refrigerate for 8 hours.
Heat the cream to a simmer.
Stir in chocolate and butter until it is melted and creamy.
Spread over the cake.
Garnish with reserved cookies and serve.