Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chocolate Cherry Bon Bons
A chewy, crispy dark chocolate cookie spiced up with a little chipotle, cherry on top, and covered in ganache. Rich and delicious - perfect for holiday cookie trays
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup extra dark cocoa
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (may omit )
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 36 Maraschino cherries without stems , drained, and patted dry (reserve juice)
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Amaretto or cherry juice
Preheat the oven to 350F
In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
Beat in the egg and vanilla.
Combine the flour, cocoa, chipotle, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
Form the dough into 36 balls using about a heaping teaspoon of dough for each.
Roll the dough in confectioner's sugar.
Push a cherry into each one.
Cover with the ganache.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a small saucepan.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Heat until the chocolate is melted.
Add the Amaretto or cherry juice.
Spoon on top of each cherry, covering it completely, before baking.