Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cheese and Sausage Quiche
The star of a Mexican themed brunch! This cheese and sausage quiche has lots of fresh, southwestern flavor. The Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican blend and and Sargento® Snack Bites™ Smokehouse Gouda Chees combine with the chiles and cilantro to give this quiche a warm Tex-Mex flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 8 ounces pork breakfast sausage ,ground
- 1/4 cup mixed green and red peppers ,chopped
- 1/4 cup onion ,chopped
- 1 pie crust ,9-inch, unbaked
- 1/4 cup cilantro ,chopped
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1/4 cup Sargento® Snack Bites™ Smokehouse Gouda Cheese ,optional, chopped
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 5 large eggs ,room temperature
- 4 ounces chiles ,canned and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350F
Fit pie crust into pie pan and set aside.
Sauté the sausage until almost done.
Add the peppers and onions and continue to sauté until the meat is cooked through.
Spoon the meat mixture in the bottom of the pie crust.
Cover with the cilantro and the cheese.
Whisk the cream and eggs together until well blended.
Stir in the chiles, cumin, and salt.
Pour into the pie crust.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving or may be served at room temperature.
*Note: Quiche may be frozen for up to 3 months baked or unbaked.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 244mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 770IU | Vitamin C: 27.3mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 1.7mg