Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Whipped Wedding Cake Frosting Recipe
A light, whipped white frosting with a delicate almond flavor -- perfect for wedding cakes because it holds up really well. This makes 4 cups, enough for 2 9-inch layers.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt dissolved in 1 teaspoon warm water.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla clear keeps the frosting bright white
- 1/2 teaspoon clear butter flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds Confectioner's sugar 8 cups
Beat the Crisco, the salt solution, the vanilla, butter flavor, almond extract, water, and 1 pound of the Confectioner's sugar in a mixer at low speed with the whisk attachment until combined.
Turn the mixer to highest speed and beat the mixture for a full 10 minutes, stopping occasionally to wipe down the side and mix in to the frosting.
After 10 minutes turn the mixer off.
Add the remaining Confectioner's sugar.
Turn the mixer on to low and mix until the sugar is blended in.
Add a little water if necessary to achieve the texture you want.