Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Hershey Kiss Cookies: Holiday Red Velvet Peppermint
Chocolate crinkle cookies with a white chocolate peppermint kiss in the center are given a holiday twist with red velvet flavor and color. Red sugar crystals make them sparkly! These freeze well and ship well.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 36 Hersheys Peppermint Kisses
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk may substitute vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Red Sugar Crystals
Preheat oven to 375F.
Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter and sugar until mixture is well blended -- about 3 minutes.
Mix in egg.
Add in food coloring, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
Mix on low until well blended.
Leave mixer on low speed and slowly add in the flour mixture.
Mix until combined.
Chill for 30 minutes or more.
While the dough is chilling unwrap the kisses and set them nearby.
Roll 1 rounded tablespoon of the dough into a ball.
Roll the ball in the red sugar crystals and place on a baking sheet lined with Silpat.
Bake in about 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Allow the cookies to firm up for a few seconds.
Lightly press 1 peppermint kiss into the center of each cookie.
Allow Kisses to set or put in the fridge for the chocolate to firm up before storing or serving.
Store in an airtight container.
- Shape the dough into rounds, roll in the sugar, and then freeze for later. When ready to bake just put the frozen balls on a cookie sheet and bake as directed.
- The baked cookies freeze well, too.
- The cookies will likely leave red food color stains on your hands when you are shaping them.
- Use any flavor Kisses you like!
- Melted white chocolate drizzled over the top is a nice finish to these cookies.
- A sprinkle of powdered sugar over the top is nice, too.
- Be careful not to crowd the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat to help keep the cookies from sticking.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg