Tis the season for Clementine oranges (or tangerines or whatever). I love those things! They have so much flavor, so much sweetness…and when they are in season they are very reasonable.
I love wild rice, too. I can’t afford it as a side dish on its own but I do like the organic brown and wild rice blends, which is what I used for this dish. It is fabulous with roast chicken or pork. The dried cranberrys are tart, the pecans add a rich nuttiness that compliments the rice, and the clementines add a sweet tang.
This is winter on a plate.
Wild Rice Blend with Pecans, Cranberries, and ClementinesPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups wild rice or wild and brown rice blend
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup clementine segments, , seeds and membrane removed, and flesh chopped
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the rice.
- Turn down heat, cover, and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile toast the pecans for about 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven, making sure they do not scorch.
- Stir often.
- Add the pecans, cranberries, and chopped clementines to the rice; remove the bay leaf.
- Toss lightly
- Adjust seasonings and serve
Let's Keep in Touch!