It’s that time of year — back to school, homework, packing lunches, and after-school snacks. After so many years of homeschooling I am sort of getting into the whole packing lunches thing. I would love to create those Bento masterpieces but as much as I admire them it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon.
What I can do it make cookies. There is nothing like a homemade cookie that has just a thin layer of crackly crisp crust on the outside and is all chewy goodness on the inside. I don’t care who they are, commercial bakeries can’t do that. Chocolate chip cookies in all their myriad variations are the favorite here.
These white chocolate chunk and pecan cookies are rich with a strong buttery flavor and that perfect texture I was talking about earlier. I have said it before but it bears repeating — be careful not to overbake them. Take the cookies out when they are firm but still a little soft and underdone in the middle. They will firm up as they cool.
Here are links to all of the chocolate chip variations on the blog so far. I have another that I will be posting soon. I mean, life is all about choice, right?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
All of these are on this blog.
- Chewy M & Ms Cookies with Reeses Pieces, Too
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lunch Box Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream Cheese M & Ms Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Red Velvet Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies
- Double Chocolate Toffee Chip Cookies
Told ya we loved them! Anyway, here is another favorite to add to the list. It is best if you get a hunk of high quality white chocolate and break it into chunks but you can use white chocolate chips if you want.
White Chocolate Chunk CookiesPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup softened, , unsalted butter
- 1 cup white cane sugar
- 1 cup golden brown cane sugar
- 2 eggs, , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of butternut flavor, ,optional
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely broken white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped, , toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place silpat or parchment on the baking sheet
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until well blended
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one
- Beat in the vanilla and butternut flavorings
- Dissolve the baking soda and salt in the boiling water
- Beat it into the butter mixture
- Mix the baking powder with the flour
- Stir into the butter mixture
- Fold in the white chocolate and pecans
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set but still slightly soft in the middle
- Let cool for 10 minutes on the pans before removing to the counter to finish cooling.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.