I have a fondness for Irish Coffee.
It doesn’t really matter how it started (at a morning business meeting in 1979 with two of the hottest guys in Dallas) or how often I wallow in the luxurious yumminess that it provides me. What matters is that you really can make Irish Cream Whiskey AT HOME. And you can make it CHEAP. Best of all? You can make it non-alcoholic if you are so inclined (I am not).
Interested? Yeah, I thought you would be.
A few weeks ago I did an article for SheKnows, a client that I adore because they also adore me. It is a win win situation. In this assignment I was asked to write an article about three Bailey’s and coffee drinks – which I did. In fact, creating alcoholic beverage recipes is extremely fun although the tasting can be killer.
In creating the recipes I used quite a lot of my stash of Bailey’s and I wondered…can you really make it yourself?
So, this would make a great gift for the very BEST people on your list (that are over 21) and still not cause the budget to wail in protest.
Homemade Irish Cream Whiskey Recipe
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2/3 C Irish whiskey
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix all of the ingredients except the vanilla bean in a blender using on/off pulses until well blended.
- Pour into a sterile quart jar.
- Split the vanilla bean and drop into the jar.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day remove the vanilla bean and put in a decorative bottle (that seals).
- Keep refrigerated for up to two months.
- Shake well before using.
This post is part of the Foodie Friends Friday Christmas PartyLet's Keep in Touch!