Tie dyed tortilla chips are fun to make and beautiful for any occasion. Step by step with pictures after the recipe.
Tie Dyed Tortilla ChipsPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 12 white corn tortillas
- Paste food colors
- Vegetable oil for fryer
- Sea salt, , seasoned salt, or table salt
- Mix 1/4 tsp of paste food color with 1/8 cup of water. You can adjust the color intensity by adding more water to make it lighter or less water to make it intense. Choose at least four colors for dyes.
- Lay the tortilla flat on a work surface that has been protected with wax paper or other protective layer. Using the food color and brush begin to paint the dye onto the tortilla, mixing colors any way you like.
- .Let tortillas dry for 1 hour.
- Fill fryer with oil and preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cut tortillas into eighths with sharp knife.
- When the oil reaches 375 degrees (185 C ) place the triangles into the fryer basket. Do not crowd them too much.. Fry until crispy. This will take about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Pull basket out of oil and hold over the fryer so that the extra oil can run off for a minute or two. Tip basket carefully on towel, or paper towel.
- Let the oil heat back up to 375F (185C) before you add any more tortillas. Repeat process until all the chips are cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve hot.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.