Southwestern flavors are, not surprisingly, some of my favorites. I love the way that cilantro makes my mouth water, smoky chipotle tingles in my mouth, and cumin? Well cumin tastes just like a hot, Texas summer day.
If it was a flavor I mean.
This southwestern style potato salad is full of all of those summery flavors and you can't beat it for making any barbecue plate look good. Once you try it you may not want to go back to your old recipe.
Southwestern Style Potato SaladPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 lbs heirloom, , thin skinned potatoes, cubed and boiled until tender but not mushy
- 2 red onions, , chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, , roasted until soft
- 2 cloves of garlic, , chopped
- 1 Poblano pepper, , seeded and chopped
- 2-3 canned chipotle peppers in mole, , chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, , seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups Hellman’s, (yes, Hellman’s) or homemade mayo
- 2 tbs Gulden’s brown mustard
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon agave, , turbinado, or local honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin or to taste, (I used a tablespoon)
- Mix the mayo, mustard, agave, chipotle, cumin, and lime juice.
- Squeeze in the soft insides of the roasted garlic and mix well.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro, and chopped garlic until well mixed.
- Pour the mayo mixture over all and blend gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until serving time.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.