It all started with almond bark – you just melted chocolate, dumped on some toasted, chopped almonds, let it harden and then you had candy. Easy and perfect for gift giving.
It was easy. Then someone decides that you could add things other than almonds, and that my friends is how we get to this… Rocky Road Bark Candy.
White chocolate, milk chocolate, pecans, marshmallows, caramels, and pecans. so easy that the kids can make it but so yummy that you will probably want to make two batches before anyone gets home and save one for yourself. The white chocolate is rich, the marshmallows and caramel are chewy, and the nuts are crunchy. Milk chocolate is just the icing on the cake – so to speak. This goes great in a candy dish with the mint oreo cookie bark.
This Rocky Road Bark Candy makes a great gift for teachers, Sunday school teachers, friends and… umm.. I guess anyone who is not allergic to nuts…. it is sooooo good.
It really is a quick recipe that you can sprinkle red and green jimmies on for Christmas if you like. It looks fabulous broken in pieces and wrapped in a little tulle tied with a silk ribbon. But you had better make several batches..this seems to evaporate in about a minute.
Rocky Road Bark
- 2 lbs white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramels , unwrapped and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped , toasted pecans
- 1 cup mini marshmallows , cut in half
- Mix the pecans, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and caramels together.
- Spray a large cookie sheet or casserole pan with PAM or any cooking spray.
- Line pan with waxed paper. Spray waxed paper with more spray.
- Melt 2 lbs of white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every minute
- Spread it over the waxed paper.
- Quickly sprinkle mixed ingredients over the top and press in carefully.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
- Remove and break into pieces.