Red Gold Tomatoes Company sent me the tomatoes, noodles, and a lasagna server. I was not paid for this review, nor were my opinions swayed by the products I received
A month ago a representative from Red Gold tomatoes contacted me and wondered if I would be interested in trying their product and making their lasagna recipe. It’s a product that I have used in the past and been pleased with so I said yes.
A few days later I got this box from Red Gold Tomatoes:
All of the stuff for lasagna except the meat and cheese plus a lasagna server ready to be made into a luscious lasagna. I wanted to do a taste test so I opened the Red Gold tomatoes and a can of the organic tomatoes I usually get at Costco. There was no comparison. I am serious – the Red Gold brand was fresh tasting and sweet. I swear they tastes like my mom’s home-canned tomatoes!
So, I put the lasagna together according to the Red Gold Tomatoes instructions and covered it with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil to bake later on. I then stuffed it into my overflowing refrigerator for eight hours.
About two hours before dinner I took it out and removed the plastic wrap, put the aluminum foil back on, and then popped it in the oven. When it was done it was absolutely delicious.
Tips for Making Red Gold Tomatoes Lasagna
You can make a lot of adjustments to this recipe — it’s very basic.
- Layer fresh spinach or basil leaves on top of the ricotta
- Use Italian sausage
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, or other vegetables
You can also make it in two 8×8 inch pans and freeze on of them if you like. I am telling you there is nothing about this recipe that is difficult. Here’s just a little tip — oil the underside of the aluminum foil before you put it on the lasagna and the cheese will not stick to it when it is all melted.
I found that this recipe was a little “looser” than my normal recipe. I’d suggest making sure to give it the full 10 minutes of cooling time, or even a little more, for a prettier presentation. When lasagna is this easy there’s no reason to make it a special occasion dish!
Red Gold Tomatoes and a Yummy LasagnaPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- ½ cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef, , cooked and fat drained off
- 1 (16 ounce) box of regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine the water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, salt, and meat.
- Stir to blend well.
- Cover the bottom of a 13×9-inch casserole dish with 1 ½ cups of the sauce.
- Arrange 1/3 of the (uncooked) noodles on the top of the sauce.
- Top with ½ cup of the ricotta, 1 cup of the Mozzarella, then 1 cup of the sauce.
- Repeat the layers and top with the last 1/3 of the noodles and the sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until noodles are cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We’ll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
You might also like:
Shell Pasta with Creamy Vodka Sauce. (restless chipotle)
Artichoke Chicken Lasagna (cinnamon and spice and everything nice)
Slow Cooker Lasagna (keyingredient)
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Can’t find Red Gold Tomatoes locally? Don’t worry you can get them online!