I am pleased to be partnering with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice to bring you ideas for super quick meals, snacks, and sides. I appreciate having this opportunity to share my experience as part of this sponsored campaign.
Y’all know I don’t usually use instant anything but to be an honest blogger there are those days when you see images of succulent roasts and fancy desserts on the blog and we are eating hot dogs and boxed mac and cheese. It happens and to say it doesn’t would be a lie. I don’t always have time to put together the kinds of meals I’d like to. In fact, there have been times when the kids have had cereal for dinner. OMG — please don’t tell anyone!
Take a day like today. I had it all planned out, doncha know?
Dropped the kids off at school, headed for the gym, worked out, came home, and got to work. I had two big projects for clients and with the shorter days it can be hard to get images so I got to work making the recipes. I was just about to shoot the second project when I got a call from the school nurse. One of the kids was sick and I needed to go pick all of them up — all of them because the school is 20 minutes away and I am not making extra trips! By the time I got back home I had just enough time to get the shots I needed but dinner?
Days like today are when the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice packs come in handy. They are literally ready in 60 seconds! You can stir in your favorite stuff and eat it straight from the container. Better yet, the kids can make it, stir in their favorite stuff, and eat it straight from the container if you have one of those days. We’re not just talking about rice here. It’s available in a ton of varieties. There are whole grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, Jasmine Rice, White Rice, Chicken Rice Mix, Yellow Rice Mix, and Fried Rice Mix. The newest option, Minute® Ready to Serve Black Beans & Rice is ready in just 90 seconds.
I used the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Multi-Grain Medley. It was a bit dry so if you are going to try that one I’d suggest using it with a vinaigrette or sauce of some sort. The flavor and texture are fantastic! It’s a mixture of whole grain brown rice, wheat, quinoa, rye, oats, and barley I added chopped pecans, dried cranberries, a little chopped romaine, and a citrus vinaigrette. I think it’d be good for breakfast, too, with some coconut and a little milk and brown sugar or honey.
I am telling you, it’s so easy you don’t even have to add water. You can make it anywhere, anytime as long as you have a microwave handy.
This easy snack or side dish would be fantastic with some grilled chicken stirred in as well for a quick, complete meal.
Quick and Healthy with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice!Print Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 container Multi-Grain Medley Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery, , optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup citrus vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Remove the film from the top of the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, Multi-Grain Medley.
- Microwave for one minute.
- Fluff with a fork and turn out onto a plate.
- Stir in the pecans, celery, cranberries, and lettuce.
- Pour vinaigrette over the top and mix lightly.
- Shake all the ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for up to a month. Shake before using.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
Let's Keep in Touch!