Dense, luscious cheesecake with a peanut butter cookie crust and chunks of chocolaty peanut butter Oreo cookies all the way through it. Keep the Oreo chunks bigger so that they don’t get mushy.
Peanut Butter Oreo CheesecakePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 cups Nutter Butter Sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter that has been allowed to turn golden brown
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese, , room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespooon vanilla
- 6 eggs, , room temperature
- 15 Peanut Butter Oreos cut in chunks, (reserve the remaining cookies in package for garnish.)
- 1 16- oz container of sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup bittersweet and milk chocolate mixed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cover the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix the butter and the crumbs and press into the pan. Press the crumbs about half way up the sides.
- Mix the cream cheese on low speed until creamy. Add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 2-3 minutes after each.
- Fold in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the pan.
- Layer the chopped oreos over the batter.
- Spoon in the rest of the batter and smooth the top.
- Place the springform in a pan and fill with hot water that comes halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then turn the oven off. Leave the door closed and the cheesecake in the turned off oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from water bath and allow to come to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Heat the cream to a simmer.
- Stir in chocolate and butter until it is melted and creamy.
- Spread over the cake.
- Garnish with reserved cookies and serve.
Let's Keep in Touch!