This Lemon Cream Jelly Roll is tangy and creamy — just right for a Spring tea or Mother’s Day. It’s much easier than you’d think!
Lemon Cream Jelly RollPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cake flour, , sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Key Lime or Lemon Curd Filling
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup key lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime or lemon zest
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding powder
- Combine eggs and sugar and beat until thick and lemon colored. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and citrus zest.
- Fold in the dry ingredients carefully.
- Spray a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray, line with wax paper or parchment, and spray again.
- Spoon the batter carefully into the pan, smoothing it out into corners and being careful not to deflate it.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake!
- While the cake is baking lay a large towel on the counter or table.
- Sprinkle the towel with Confectioners sugar.
- Tip the finished cake onto the towel, and working quickly, trim 1/8 inch off the edges of the cake. Roll up in the towel and set aside to cool.
Key Lime or Lemon Filling
- In a microwave safe bowl whisk egg yolks, sugar, juice, and zest until smooth.
- Microwave for one minute, then stop and stir.
- Continue microwaving and stirring in one minute intervals until the mixture is thick and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the microwave and add butter, a little at a time, whisking smooth after each addition.
- Let cool completely.
- Add the sugar and pudding powder to the cream.
- Beat the mixture until thick.
- When cake is cool unroll it gently and spread with the cooled lemon (or lime) curd.
- Carefully spread the whipped cream over that and roll it back up gently.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with confectioners sugar and slice carefully.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.