Sometimes the things that should be the simplest in the world are the hardest. Take eggs for example. I tend to think everyone knows how to make scrambled eggs, and I’ve recently discovered that it’s not true at all! . Almost everyone likes scrambled eggs but you rarely see a recipe for it. Everyone just assumes that everyone else knows how to make scrambled eggs.
And they don’t.
If scrambled eggs are not made right they come out rubbery… or watery… or just plain icky. Fluffy, tender scrambled eggs are an artform that few have aspired to. So, whether you like your eggs soft scrambled or firm – follow these steps to make really good scrambled eggs.
How to Make Scrambled Eggs
They are healthy, delicious, quick and easy. Just don’t ever freeze them for later. You will have rubber on your plate when they thaw.
Scrambled EggsPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley, onion, basil or other herbs as desired
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- Break the eggs into a deep bowl
- Whisk them until foamy
- Add the milk and whisk again until bubbly
- Melt the butter and bacon grease together in a shallow pan
- When the butter starts to sizzle (but before it discolors) add the eggs all at once and turn the heat down to medium low
- Give the eggs a minute to set and then gently stir them from the bottom with a wooden spoon
- Add a pinch of salt and any herbs you plan on adding
- Pull the eggs away from the sides of the pan toward the center with the spoon
- As you stir the eggs will begin to coagulate (clump together)
- Don’t let the eggs stick to the bottom and don’t stir too hard. You want to break them up but not too much
- Stop stirring and remove the eggs from the heat when they are the consistency you like. Keep in mind that the eggs will continue to cook in the pan for a few minutes so you might want to take the pan off the heat a little before they are done.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We’ll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.
Make Scrambled Eggs Step by Step in Pictures
The eggs should look like this –
The butter should look like this
Stir over medium-low heat until you get this
Really? Is that all there is to it?
Yep. Really. Now get out there and scramble some eggs.
To Go with Your Scrambled Eggs…
From left to right: Light dinner rolls, buttermilk biscuits, cloverleaf rolls