Fajita Steak Skewers are a quick and easy addition to any late summer get-together from your girls’ night out to a full on Labor Day Bash. Tender skirt steak is marinated in beer with plenty of Tex-Mex flavor from good things like garlic and lime, then threaded onto skewers and cooked for a few minutes on the grill or in the oven. This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! as part of an Ambassador Program and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
For this recipe you’ll need: beer, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, limes, skirt steak, black pepper, salt, Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon Dip.
It’s unbelievable how fast summer sped by! My kids have been back to school for two weeks and the dogs still haven’t adjusted to not having their favorite playmates around all the time.
I always enjoy late summer parties because they tend to be more relaxed and end earlier than the crazy, late night fiestas of early summer. Labor Day is more or less that pivot point between summer and fall so it’s a great time for one last bash. Although a lot of people like to make traditional burgers and hot dogs for Labor Day I prefer to put together an assortment of snacks and finger foods that can be either made ahead of time or made quickly. These fajita steak skewers can be put together the day before and then tossed on the grill or broiled in the oven. The cooking is super quick – just about six minutes total and then you just set the plate out with Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon dip and watch it disappear just as fast.
I’ve always loved horseradish and this dip is one of my favorites. That unique burst of sinus-clearing heat combined with smoky bacon is addictive as far as I’m concerned. I use it on chips of course but I really like it with beef appetizers like these fajita steak skewers. I also like it just on a spoon!
People can get in a real rut with chips and dips – I like to be that hostess that wows them with something unique and different to dip! This is Texas, y’all – who doesn’t like beef? Especially when it’s a tender, juicy steak skewer?
Heluva Good! Dip is available in the dairy section at your local store – it’s easy to find pretty much anywhere. It comes in an assortment of flavors, each made with real sour cream and flavorful spices, including French Onion, Buttermilk Ranch, White Cheddar & Bacon, and Bodacious Onion but I like the Horseradish Bacon the best with this particular recipe. You’re not going to have to do anything special or order any weird ingredient to make this easy finger food!
Tips for Using Leftover Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon Dip
I don’t know about you but after a party I usually have leftover dip that sits in the fridge, gets pushed to the back, and turns into some multi-colored furry alien creature that I usually don’t find until six months later. Don’t let that happen! There are a lot of ways to use any Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon Dip that might be left from your soiree.
- Spread a generous amount of Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon dip on soft onion rolls and add deli roast beef and Swiss or Provolone cheese.
- Thin it with a little cream and use it as a dressing over summer ripe tomato slices.
- Use it as a dressing for a potato salad.
- Mix with hot spiral pasta, chopped leftover ham, and spinach, top with grated cheese and bake for a yummy casserole.
- It really does go great with chips!
- Serve with soft pretzels or crunchy, salted pretzel rods.
- If a miracle occurs and you happen to have some of the steak skewers left pull the meat off the skewers and add it to a biscuit with some of the dip OR make an omelet with the meat and dip as a filling. So yummy!
Keep Up with Heluva Good! Dips
Keep up with all of the new recipes and dip ideas from Heluva Good! Dips. Follow them on social media –
- Heluva Good! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeluvaGood
- Heluva Good! Twitter: https://twitter.com/heluvagood
- Heluva Good! Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/heluvagooddips/
Fajita Steak Skewers with Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon Dip
This recipe will easily serve four to six people but you might want to double it. Fajita steak skewers seem to evaporate into thin air within minutes! Just make sure you don’t overcook them – the beef will get tough.
Fajita Steak SkewersPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- ½ cup beer
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound beef skirt steak , thin cut and sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heluva Good! Horseradish Bacon Dip
- In a large bowl stir together the beer, garlic, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice.
- Add the beef, cover and allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Thread onto metal skewers or pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Salt and pepper on all sides, brush liberally with marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Grill on both sides until cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium.
- Preheat the broiler of the oven.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray. Place the skewers on rack and put under the broiler for 6 minutes, turning once half way through. Be careful not to overcook the meat as it will get tough.
- Serve skewers with Heluva Good Horseradish Bacon Dip
If you liked this steak skewers you may also like…
From left to right: Chicken Crescents, Italian Meatballs in Naan, Candied Jalapenos
A big thank you to Heluva Good! for partnering with Restless Chipotle to bring you this easy recipe.Let's Keep in Touch!