This no-bake strawberry shortcake takes just 10 minutes to put together. You keep it in the refrigerator over night and the textures and flavors soften and blend. That first bite is creamy, tangy, rich, sweet, and absolutely addictive. So easy your 10 year old could make it without help.
Summer has finally hit. My husband woefully informed me this morning that the electric bill was higher in the first two weeks than it had been all of last month.
Welcome to Texas. Hear that sizzling sound? Yeah, that’s the soles of your bare feet on the driveway.
Summer is for relaxing. I think that all of those years of school and taking summers off created a mentality in me that summers are for kicking back — even as an adult. Well, I haven’t been able to do that until this year. I have a bit more time on my hands so I am spending time in the pool, reading, and daydreaming more than I have in years. I tend to cut corners in the summer. After all, the kids are home and I don’t want to be in the kitchen for hours at a time — I want to be with them! So, we eat cereal, and dinners are more likely to be either something fast or we’ll go out. I am less concerned with making everything from scratch and give myself permission to not be so OCD in the kitchen.
This no-bake strawberry shortcake was created in the spirit of staying out of the kitchen. It’s one of those things that you can slap together in a few minutes and the results pretty much wow everyone. It’s crazy good.
I often use instant pudding for this — but I’ve used homemade pudding as well. Do whichever you have time for. I prefer to make it in a 8×10 glass casserole dish but you could make it in a loaf pan if you want to have tall, pretty slices. The glass lets you see the pretty layers.
I think this would work perfectly for the Fourth of July if you used a combination of blueberries and strawberries. I’ve made so many variations of this, you wouldn’t believe. It’s almost embarrassing to share the recipes because they are so easy.
I use real whipped cream in this. It doesn’t take long to make and it really is so much better than the fake whipped topping. The whipped topping will make this way, WAY too sweet.
Easy No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 4- serving size boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 pints strawberries, , rinsed, stemmed, and sliced
- 18 graham crackers, (approximately)
- Add the milk to a bowl and whisk in the contents of both instant pudding boxes.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth and starts to thicken.
- Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form, adding the sugar gradually.
- Carefully fold 1-1/2 cups of the whipped cream into the pudding.
- Set the remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped cream aside.
- Cover the bottom of an 8x10 inch casserole dish with a layer of graham crackers.
- Spoon about half the pudding mixture over the top.
- Cover with half the sliced strawberries.
- Cover with a layer of graham crackers.
- Repeat layers ending with a layer of graham crackers.
- Top with the reserved whipped cream.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Just before serving top with some graham cracker crumbs.
- Cut in squares to serve.
If you like this no-bake strawberry shortcake you may also like…
No-Bake Lemon Dessert Crazy for Crust
Millionaire Pie Spend with Pennies
Let's Keep in Touch!