You know how sometimes you just want to cook something easy that tastes awesome? Something you can put together without thinking and in no time at all?
These green beans are easy to put together and take about 3 minutes using organic canned...I have been known to use conventional canned beans when necessary. It doesn't matter, once these are on the plate you won't care where they came from.
The biggest problem with commercially canned green beans is that they have no flavor. This recipe has you warm the beans up in a tangy balsamic vinaigrette with just enough bacon to keep it interesting. It gives even canned beans maximum flavor and if you start with fresh or home canned they are incredible.
Seriously. And I will tell you a secret... the same vinaigrette is great with spinach instead of green beans.
Dutch Green BeansPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 cans organic green beans
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion chopped, , optional
- 1 clove of garlic, , chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinager
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute bacon, garlic and onions until the bacon is crispy and the onions are tender,
- Pour off all but about 1/4 cup bacon fat.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and green beans and simmer, stirring occasionally until the beans are coated and the vinaigrette reduces.
- Serve hot.