This chocolate peanut butter mousse cake is one of my favorites; a Marye Audet original...and a classic. It all started when Ethan wanted a special cake for his birthday a few years ago. He wasn't sure what he wanted but wanted something "different". The chocolate peanut butter mousse cake was born...and it was an instant hit.
Deep, rich chocolate cake topped with a creamy, fluffy peanut butter mousse and then gilded with a layer of dense chocolate ganache. Perfection? You will have to decide. We thought it was.
This will make a 13 x 9 inch cake but should serve at least 24 people. Maybe more, depending on what your RFT ( rich foods tolerance) is.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse cake should be kept in the refrigerator, but be sure to take it out about 30 minutes to an hour before you want to serve it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse CakePrint Save Go to Collections
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cream
- 12 ozs bittersweet chocolate, , chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Melt butter. Stir in chocolate until smooth and melted.
- Add eggs, milk,chocolate mixture, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat the peanut butter and cream cheese together until blended.
- Add sugar slowly, beating well until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating about 3 minutes after each addition.
- Add vanilla
- Bring cream just to a boil.
- Stir in chocolate until smooth.
- Cover with the peanut butter mousse. Chill
- Cover with a smooth layer of the ganache.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours before serving.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Pinkie swear.