Chocolate Drop Cookies with Cocoa are full of bittersweet chocolate chunks, dark chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and coconut. There’s even a pinch of black pepper to keep things lively. Easy and perfect for chocolate cravings.
Sometimes you just need chocolate. Not a tiny bite of chocolate but a big gargantuan infusion of chocolate that is almost too much… almost but not quite.
These are exactly that. They have three different kinds of chocolate for the most chocolaty flavor possible then I threw in coconut and macadamia nuts… and a little black pepper for spice…just because I could. The addition of black pepper spices it up and adds an amazingly exotic touch to these exquisite chocolate morsels. They are rich and dense, but chewy and comforting…sort of like a chocolate chip cookie gone wild.
Chocolate drop cookies with cocoa freeze well, store well, and ship well.
Serve them to only your most favorite people. And only when they have been especially nice
Chocolate Drop Cookies with Cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts or brazil nuts, , chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cream the butter.
- Add sugar and mix until light.
- Beat in the egg.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut, nuts, and chocolate and blend well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a parchment or silpat covered cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely. For a fancier cookie drizzle melted white chocolate over top.