Good Natured Soups from Progresso™ include this Hearty Corn and Chipotle Chowder. I’ve paired it with Chile Rellenos Dip to take your soup and crackers meal out of ordinary and shoot it up to Whoa! It’s an easy dinner combo for any busy weeknight. Best of all it’s not made with any genetically-modified ingredients, preservatives and colors from artificial sources, or artificial colors. That’s something I feel good about.
For this meal you’ll need: Good Natured Soups Hearty Corn and Chipotle Chowder, tortilla chips, cream cheese, taco seasoning (low sodium is best), canned diced chiles, salsa verde, Mexican blend shredded cheese, Japanese style bread crumbs, fresh cilantro, avocado, and queso fresco (optional).
Good Natured Soups
I am loving this cooler weather we are having here in Texas. We’re getting more rain and temperatures in the 70’s which means it’s finally fall! That probably sounds weird to those of you from more northern areas but those first 70 degree days in October mean that the sweltering 100 degree days of summer really are over.
Soup is awesome all year long but especially so in the autumn and winter. I’m definitely a homemade soup kind of gal but it’s nice to be able to grab a brand name soup and just warm it up on one of those days. I like the fact that Good Natured Soups provide 3/4 cup of vegetables per serving — it makes getting those healthy veggies into my kids much easier.
There are three different varieties:
- Hearty Tomato with Spinach and Roasted Garlic
- Hearty Corn and Chipotle Chowder
- Hearty Lentil with Garden Vegetables
Each of the Good Natured Soups are also vegan. They get that creamy texture by adding bean and vegetable purees – which also keeps the calories down. You can find out more about these vegan soups on the Good Natured Soups website or their Facebook page. Get this coupon for $1 off your first purchase, too!
Pretty exciting stuff, right?
Win a $25 Gift Basket of Good Natured Soups
To enter this giveaway go to the website and then come back and leave a comment about what YOUR favorite soup pairing is and which soup you’d love to try. Or go to the website and come back and comment about some of the craziest ways you’ve tried to get your kids to eat their vegetables!
ENTER TO WIN THE GIFT BASKET!
You know, it just seems like crackers are a standard with soup. I wanted to shake things up a little so I decided to serve chile rellenos dip and tortilla chips instead. It makes the whole meal more casual and fun!
Chile Rellenos Dip Recipe
This chile rellenos dip is totally addictive. I like to make it in individual tart pans so that everyone can have their own but you could also make it in one casserole dish. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for scooping up all that gooey yumminess.
Chile Rellenos DipPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 taco seasoning packet, low sodium
- 2 4- ounce cans diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2/3 cup Japanese style bread crumbs
- 1 avocado, diced
- Queso Fresco, optional, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Mix the cream cheese, cilantro, the taco mix , and chiles until completely blended.
- Smooth the mixture into one 1-1/2 quart or 6 personal sized baking dishes.
- Top with the salsa verde.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of the cheese.
- Cover with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and dip is piping hot.
- Serve topped with avocado and queso fresco with tortilla chips on the side.
I would like to thank Good Natured Soups for partnering with Restless Chipotle to bring you this post.Let's Keep in Touch!