This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
Entertaining is complicated enough without having to spend hours on the food! You need easy appetizers that get you out of the kitchen and into the party fast. Start with this show-stopper- Maple Bacon Glazed Baked Cheesecake Dip wrapped in flakey puff pastry. It looks insanely fancy, tastes amazing, but takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! There are plenty more holiday hacks here to keep your holidays running smoothly.
For this recipe you’ll need: Sara Lee® Frozen Cheesecake, Wright® Brand Applewood Bacon, frozen puff pastry sheets, maple syrup, brown sugar, pecans, and cayenne or chipotle powder.
Holiday Hacks Backstory
You can bet I have done my share of holiday entertaining. Anytime even most of my eight kids are home it’s a party! When I was a stay at home mom, I used to love spending time creating intricate holiday appetizers that impressed and delighted my family and friends.
Well, now I own my own business and I put in a lot of hours – especially around the holidays. I don’t have a lot of time to spend hours creating fancy appetizers and snacks. I barely have time to brush my hair. My goal has been to continue to enjoy bringing friends and family together at my table but to do it as quickly and easily as possible! Pre-made desserts and other items from the frozen foods section of my favorite H-E-B store in Waxahachie, coupled with other simple ingredients, are all you need to make a variety of finger foods and party treats.
H-E-B Makes Entertaining Easy
H-E-B is making entertaining even better with yellow coupon offers for $2 off Sara Lee products located in the freezer section. The Sara Lee Frozen Cheesecake and pound cake are America’s favorite and for good reason! They’re made with quality ingredients and frozen fresh. SO good! The coupon is good from 10/31/2018 through 11/13/2018, so stock up on your favorites. They’ve also got a yellow coupon available for Wright Brand Applewood Smoked (and Hickory Smoked) Bacon. Just head to the refrigerated aisle at your local H-E-B and buy 1 Wright Brand Bacon, get 1 Hillshire Farm® Cocktail Links Free from 11/14/18 through 11/27/18 and 12/19/18 through 1/1/19. The bacon is an important ingredient in this Baked Cheesecake Dip appetizer because Wright Brand Applewood Smoked Bacon is thick cut and hand-trimmed. It’s got big, wood-smoked flavor that’s necessary in this recipe to bring all of the flavors together. The cocktail links? I’ve got SUCH a great idea for those!
Just read on…
Holiday Hacks for Easy Appetizers
Here are some great ideas to make your holiday appetizers simple, quick, and easy!
- Pour some Jezebel sauce over a block of cream cheese and heat in the microwave until the cream cheese is softened.
- Put Aidells® Teriyaki & Pineapple Chicken Meatballs in a slow cooker with 6 ounces of pepper jelly. Heat for 2 hours on high.
- Mix an herb flavored cream cheese spread with crispy, Italian flavored bread crumbs and use to fill mushroom caps. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
- Use frozen cranberries to chill cocktails – it’s pretty and it adds a little flavor.
- Mix whole berry cranberry sauce with a little port wine. Pour over brie and bake for 10 minutes at 375degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out thawed Sara Lee Strawberry Cheesecake. Form it in balls around thin skewers and freeze. Dip in melted chocolate and chill until serving time. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Sprinkle refrigerated crescent roll dough with taco seasoning and a little shredded cheese. Wrap Hillshire Farm Cocktail Links in the dough and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until done.
- Make an easy fruit plate with sliced pears and apples wrapped in cheese slices.
- Fill mini muffin cups with a small ball of refrigerated biscuit dough. Press down to make a well. Fill with purchased shredded beef or chicken barbecue and bake until done.
- Spread this onion bacon jam on slices of toasted baguette
- Candied jalapenos are great as toppers for crackers spread with cream cheese.
Step By Step Instructions for Baked Cheesecake Dip
This Baked Cheesecake Dip is one of my favorite easy appetizers for the holidays! It’s so pretty! Here’s how –
Step by Step Filling Instructions
- Keep the cheesecake frozen.
- Roll out the puff pastry so it’s big enough to cover the cheesecake.
- Fry the bacon until it is very crisp, then drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease off.
- Mix the bacon, pecans, cayenne, maple syrup, and brown sugar and cook until coated.
Step By Step Assembly Instructions
- Once the bacon mixture is cool, break up any large pieces.
- Place the frozen cheesecake in the center of the puff pastry sheet.
- Top with the bacon mixture.
- Bring one corner of the pastry to the center and brush with egg white.
- Bring the opposite corner to the center, press down gently, and brush with egg white.
- Continue until the cheesecake is completely enclosed.
- Bake as directed.
Best Easy Appetizers Recipe Yet – Baked Cheesecake Dip with Spicy Maple Bacon Glaze
This party appetizer is a balance between sweet, salty, spicy, rich, crunchy, and creamy. Serve it from the oven for a sweet/salty dip for crackers and fruit or let it cool down and cut it into thin slices to use as a pastry. Either way, this Baked Cheesecake Dip is delicious! If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars.
Hot Maple Bacon Cheesecake DipPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 5 slices Wright Brand® Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, , more to taste
- 1 Sara Lee® Frozen Cheesecake, , do not thaw
- 1 puff pastry sheet, , room temperature
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Crumble the bacon and add it back to the pan with the pecans.
- Sauté for 1 minute then add the syrup, the brown sugar and the cayenne.
- Cook and stir until the syrup coats the bacon and pecan mixture.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet.
- Remove the Sara Lee® Frozen cheesecake from the aluminum pan and place it in the middle of the puff pastry sheet while it is still frozen.
- Pile the cooled bacon mixture on top, reserving a little for garnish.
- Pull the puff pastry up over the cheesecake, one edge at a time, completely enveloping the cheesecake with the pastry. Brushing with egg white will help the pastry stick together at the seams.
- Brush the top of the pastry with a little egg white and top with the reserved bacon mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes or so.
Added to Meal Plan Monday #140