Chai Spice Snowballs cookies are tender, crumbly and slightly spicy with all the flavor of chai. They are special enough for a fancy tea but yummy enough for an after-school snack. This recipe is fantastic at Christmas, too.
If you like Mexican Wedding cakes you will like these chai spice snowballs cookies. They are very similar. The crumbly, delicate texture comes from a dough that’s high in fat and the chai flavor is infused right into the dough. Letting the dough chill for a couple of hours will intensify the flavor even more. Roll them gently so that they aren’t too compacted and don’t overbake them. Other than that there isn’t much you need to worry about — they’re truly easy.
Caution, y’all — these snowball cookies do not travel well. You can probably drive them across town but don’t try to ship them across country or anything. 🙂 You’re recipient will end up with cookie dust.
Chai Spice Snowballs CookiesPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups coarsely ground pecans or other nuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, , softened
- 2 teaspoons chai, (I used 2 tea bags of Yogi,Indian Spice and just cut open the bags)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grind the chai with the nuts.
- Combine all ingredients, except the last powdered sugar, in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
- If you have time refrigerate for a couple of hours to intensify the chai flavor.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes; roll in powdered sugar while still warm and then again when cool.
Let's Keep in Touch!