Copy Cat Berger Cookies
The Restless Chipotle Channel
Makes 24- 48 depending on how big you make them
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbs vanilla
- Cream sugar, butter and eggs.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Sift together flour, salt soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Don’t overmix or the cookies will be tough.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched.
- 6 oz milk chocolate chopped
- 6 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 c heavy cream
- Bring heavy cream just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate until it is melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly, to a thick but spreadable consistency.
- Smear over tops of cookies in a thick, 1/2 inch layer.