This bacon cheeseburger meatloaf is a family favorite.
Doesn’t that sound dramatic? I feel like I should have yelled, “TA DA!” after that title.
This is seriously good stuff. Melt in your mouth meatloaf with burst of flavor from pieces of dill pickles and sauteed onion. Bacon on top releases flavor into the meatloaf and gets crispy as it bakes. Right before taking it out you lay a couple of pieces of American cheese over top.
It tastes like the really old time hamburgers you used to be able to get at diners, only in less “fast food” form. Serve it with corn on the cob or smashed potatoes, and a salad. That’s dinner… right there.
I know I have told you before that every Saturday my dad took me with him to run errands. We’d go to the hardware store to check the tubes on the TV to see which was bad. Dad would chat with the owner about football, or the best way to grow a tomato and then were were off to the next thing. At lunch time we always ended up at a department store called Grants. They had a long counter with twisty, turquoise and chrome stools. Unlike my mom, my dad never told me not to twist on them. We always had cheeseburgers, french fries, and either a chocolate malt or a Coke. Cokes were always served in light green tinted glasses with plenty of ice so that on a hot day the glass would frost right up.
I am sorry, but there is NOTHING that tastes like those Cokes did. The effervescence was so strong that the bubbles literally bounced around on your tongue as you drank. When you bent your head over the straw to drink the carbonation went right up your nose and you almost always had to wrinkle you face up to keep from sneezing. As I am sitting here writing my nose is twitching at just the memory of it.
This is easy to freeze, either raw or cooked. It is good hot or cold on sandwiches. It is just good. Try it.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe That Will Change Your LifePrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, , finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup ketchup, (catsup - whatever)
- 2 eggs, , beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 slices American cheese
- Olive oil for sauteeing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sautee onions and garlic until tender. For more flavor you can also grill the onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onions, garlic, bread crumbs, eggs, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. with your hands.
- Pat the meat mixture gently into a loaf pan. You may need 2 if you are using small ones. Don't press it down because it will compact the meat and the texture will be off.
- Add three slices bacon over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes to an hour (internal temp will be 155- 160)
- Just before removing from the oven lay the cheese over the top.
- Allow to stand at room temperature with foil over the top for about five minutes.
- Slice and serve.
If this isn’t quite what you are looking for you might check out these other recipes:
Meatloaf Wellington (looks awesome)
Let's Keep in Touch!